Attached Files
    B&D PUBLISHING
    Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

The marking
    Attached Files
    B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

The center (ah - round corners again...)
      Attached Files
      B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

Top Arm detail with the very distinguished corner beadings.
        Attached Files
        B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

My Floch "L15" does not have the "distinguished corner beadings" that yours does.
          George

Comment

George,

this is the point. I did browse thru the old threads to check on this cross and determined it is a Floch or another fake. Some pictures were missing but three different kinds of L15 were presented so I thought - O.K. Fake!
            As a final check I looked this cross up in Gordons book. Now the one shown on page 144 is - IMHO - the same I have. Thas why I think it is the real deal.

Dietrich
            B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

Hello
              I agree with you that the "distinguished corner beadings" are different with those usually encountered on Floch EK1.
              Moreover, the date seems to be "thinner" than Floch's.
              Nevertheless, the reverse side (both hinge, catch, pin and maker mark ) is very similar to the Floch.
              IMHO, this is a fake, maybe a variation of the Floch, but a fake.
              What are other members opinions ?
              REgards
              Denis

Comment

Hi Guys !
                I`m not any EK expert .
                But wonder about something about Floch copies.
                When Floch made he copies ( I Think : We have to agree that it is a very good copy ) . Why didn`t Floch make a perfect copy after a known original EK 1 , with correct makers marks , hinge pin and catch ?

Jan Arne

Comment

Denis,

if this L15 is a Floch or whatever copy (which could very well be) then Gordon is showing the same fake in his book on page 144 as a real Schickle. Maybe you have the book and can compare. You will see, it's the same cross.

Dietrich
                  B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

Here's an "L15" that was offered by Detlev recently. It's hard to tell whether it has the same outer corner beading type intersecting as Dietrich's, but it definitely has different numbers than my Floch "L15."
                    Attached Files
                    George

Comment

George,

yes, it's hard to tell. The inner round corner (again and again...) seem to be the same, also the catch. The most distinguished feature, however, on mine is the corner beading. I guess you have GW's book. Please look up page 144 and compare in detail. This is were I'm coming from.
                      There are so many alleged real and unreal L15 that at this popint in time my fixed point to start is GW's book.
                      And I'm of the opinion, that the cross I did show above is the same as the one shown in the book. I also think, that Gordon did put this example in his book based on good reasons.

I think this is where we should start - maybe Gordon's assumption was wrong.

Dietric
                      B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

Hello Dietrich
                        I won Gordon's last book and I will have a look this evening.
                        Is Gordon available ? We would need his opinion about this cross ?
                        Regards
                        Denis

Comment

It's most definitely NOT of the Schinkle variety.
                          Best regards,

Tony

Comment

I get confused too....

Yes it's definitely not a Schinkel.
                            But whether it's a genuine Otto Schickle -- that's the $64,000 question here at the Crosses of the Wehrmacht Forum!
                            George

Comment

Hi,

The "corner beadings" on Dietrich's example remind me of Souval. Has anyone made a comparison of the beading - and maybe the dates too (I can't at present - geographically impossible). If so, an L15 marking on a Souval piece just doesn't sound right, but also maybe raises some questions on Souval pieces.

Regards
                              Mike K
                              Regards
                              Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X