EK1 20 and L marked value ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK1 20 and L marked value ??

Hi are Ek1s with both the 20 and the L maker mark worth more than a 20 marked one? Also is a 65 cased EK worth more than any other marked Cross?? They seem to go for sky high prices on ebay VS any other maker.Also I just saw a cased 65 go for 400.00 on estand! Detlev Niemann only gets around 250-300 for EK1 in the case so whats up?
    Thanks David R.
    Last edited by David R.; 09-03-2003, 04:10 PM.

Your questions

Hi David,

Double marked EK's are generally worth more as there are fewer of them.

The 65 1st class EK's are in my opinion one of the nicest made crosses of all. A very fine detailled and high quallity Iron cross and thus a populair item and therefore worth more.

Casing a EK in it's original case or "Etui" often doubles it's value depending on the overall state.

What somebody asks for an item (price) does not mean the collector would not pay more for it ...

hope I could help you with these ones.

regards,
    DJ

Comment

Detlev recently offered two cased "20" and "L/52" - marked EK 1s, one for 265 Euros and the other (with damaged case hinge) for Euro 245.
      (And no, I didn't get either of them. )
      George

Comment

I just saw one end on ebay for over 400.00 There is no way on earth I would ever pay that much for a iron cross. The prices are getting just plain stupid.The only way to stop this crap is to stop paying these ridiculous prices. But I guess some one will just have to have a piece and pay some stupid price from a dealer and then there all worth that much from there on out. And so it goes! Two years ago you could buy any cased EK for less than 175.00 now a broken uncased Ek will bring that much Lets face it we have created this monster and now we are the only ones who can stop it. I will step down off of the soap box now

Originally posted by George Stimson
        Detlev recently offered two cased "20" and "L/52" - marked EK 1s, one for 265 Euros and the other (with damaged case hinge) for Euro 245.
        (And no, I didn't get either of them. )

Comment

Hi Guys !
          I got cased EK 1 double marked "20" and L/52" from Detlev`s update 22.08 . Price was like George wrote € 265,- . Nice case and cross .
          Pics will come later under Collections and groups forum .

Jan Arne

Comment

One reason that the double marked cross on eBay brought more was because it was a vaulted cross.

With an auction, you never know what the final price may be. It only takes two bidders to increase the price beyone 'market' value.

Calvin
            -Calvin Hall, repressed Appalachian American.

Desperately seeking a Juncker Knights Cross ribbon loop and well used Knights Cross ribbon!!!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X