No announcement yet.

EK1 spange Juncker - WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can see a great likeness, but differences as well.

Date is higher and the numbers look fatter, so the the rim of the date-box(but that may be the pic)

The lower part of the "3" and the "9"are definitly fatter

No lines on the inner feathers or breastfeathers

Pebbling looks less defined.

May be the pics but it looks more like pot-metal

Regards,
    Ben

Comment

I did compare the spange with the first model, as i think what this fake is trying to represent.
      I totaly agree with jon.

Comment

Spange

If you compare the back of each spange you will see a big difference. On Germanmedals spange the hump on the legs are reversed from Georges (I have highlighted this). Also, the 2 in the makers stamp is not rounded but oblong (couldn't capture picture from site). On the front I agree with comments made but one thing I noticed is that the shield is flat on one side and round on the other. Does anyone have a L/12 second model pictures that they can post for comparison?
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by -=Re-Sa=- View Post
          I dont like the clasp because it comes from a suspicious dealer that has two, totally alike for sale. I was looking for any flaws, and i found the flaw in the 1939. For me it is not a good clasp, it is a fake.
          It looks like this badge has become 'suspect' to many because it doesn't conform to a known original. I think it deserves more study, even though it has many strikes against it to start with. I don't know, just call me optimistic. Has anyone seen a pinback version, or have they all been SB? To me, I get concerned when every piece like this I see offered is stamped. Do we have weights and measurements from a known SB original and one of these SB's?

BTW, were the same LDO cases that were used for SB EKI's used for these SB spanges as well?

Robert
          Last edited by robert pierce; 06-27-2008, 10:42 PM.

Comment

L/12

Here are the L/12 for comparison. The first one is from Germanmedals and the second one is from an EKI which I have found pretty much the same stamp on most Juncker medals.
            Attached Files

Comment

Second

Notice the differences in the 1 & 2.
              Attached Files

Comment

I hold my comments on the first flat-bottom L/12 stamp. Your 2nd L/12 stamp I'm having a hard time finding in my files. What I see mostly on original EK's has a longer diagonal top on the '1'. The 'top' on your 2nd mark is rather short in comparison.

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by robert pierce View Post
                  I hold my comments on the first flat-bottom L/12 stamp. Your 2nd L/12 stamp I'm having a hard time finding in my files. What I see mostly on original EK's has a longer diagonal top on the '1'. The 'top' on your 2nd mark is rather short in comparison.

Robert

I agree Robert.
                  I don't really like the second L/12.
                  The first one posted is the same as on my Juncker ek's.

Regards,
                  Ben

Comment

Ben,

Not to get too far off track from the main discussion of this thread, the spange, but a fellow member is doing a comprehensive study of all L/12 marks. The purpose, of course, is to try and find which marks were original. Some were chisel, some beveled flat bottom, some flat-sided flat-bottom. It's all very interesting. I think in finding known fakes in the badge world, we'll certainly find bad stamps. The only problem with this is, anyone can stamp an original badge with a bad stamp to up the market price on a badge. So, it's all very confusing as well.

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by CMSgt View Post
                      Notice the differences in the 1 & 2.
                      Here is a thread just posted of two Juncker SB EKI's, one with the short top '1' in the 'L/12' stamp...

Draw your own conclusion as to when they were stamped. Both backplates look flat, but the 'L/12' mark with the short top on the '1' has a light tone to the metal where it was stamped. The other has a nice even patina.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=297400

Robert

Comment

Hello,

I am sorry but I do not like that Spange.
                        For me to crude in the exicution, stamp looks very strange and so on.

For me a copy.

Best Franki

Comment

Originally posted by robert pierce View Post
                          It looks like this badge has become 'suspect' to many because it doesn't conform to a known original.
                          Robert
                          Logic dictates this course of action until proven otherwise. If you think fakes haven't gotten this good go to the africa hero's site and judge for yourself.

Who is the seller?
                          pseudo-expert

Comment

not good
                            its bad

Comment

The seller is http://www.milshop.de/
                              Please look other stuff

Comment

Hmmmm, I don't care to share all that information, just to look at something for sale.

Bob hritz
                                In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X