EKII '13' G. Brehmer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks George ,

Yes, Jenda ('1stpanzerguy'), on the Collectors Display Forum brought to our attention this 'ring light' from Staples.
    http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=211992&page=3
    I went out and bought one. It works wonderfully. Here's how it's set up. Jenda, and I, removed the magnifying glass...

A picture of my photo studio...

Robert
    Attached Files

Comment

The mint pieces with their frosted beading and shiny rims pose a real challenge for me. Perhaps I need to do some trial and error with some light diffusers, i.e. semi-transparent white mylar, etc. under the ring light to cut down on the 'washout' on the shiny surfaces. It wasn't until my semi-pro photographer wife suggested I experiment with the 'white balance' in my camera that my pictures began improving. BTW, these rings lights are great when the sun goes down and there's no natural light to be found.

Here's a worn cross, which really photographs well under the ring light...

Robert
      Attached Files

Comment

nice pictures Robert really great

Comment

Thank you, Steinar.

Robert

Comment

Hi robert , like has been said already your photo's are always great but this new gadget you have now purchased really shows the crosses up & the swaz's & dates really pop . When you get a new cross do you photograph it straight away & then store the pics so as when someone on the forum asks for an ek too be identified then you can can just retrieve a photo of same/similar one from your files ?

Comment

Originally posted by baldy1939 View Post
              Hi robert , like has been said already your photo's are always great but this new gadget you have now purchased really shows the crosses up & the swaz's & dates really pop . When you get a new cross do you photograph it straight away & then store the pics so as when someone on the forum asks for an ek too be identified then you can can just retrieve a photo of same/similar one from your files ?
              Sometimes, but usually when needed...

Thanks,
              Robert

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X