No announcement yet.

It's still out there!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holy Dingle Dangle, that beats the best find I've ever made at an antique store/flea market. Your friend is very blessed, this sort of thing is what most of us daydream about finding when we pull into the parking lot of yet another shabbly little side of the road junk store.

Envious,

Chris
    Interested in candid/private Hitler, KIA, and Holocaust photos. Also any AH related memorabilia--silverware, linen, crystal, china...
    All the best,
    Chris

Comment

nice find , looks like a really nice example

Comment

Originally posted by rkdek View Post
        .......Allthough this cross comes from an obviously non-militaria-related source and has wearing signs, it has the infamous 3-dots in the left 12-o'clock arm. Since "the" book was published, crosses like this one will continue to be labelled with a ? and this probably totally undeserved....
        Maybe, but at least (unlike the 800"4") didnt cost him $9K

Comment

Wonderful!

Must be the bargain of the year.

Comment

I just feel sick to my stumoch,,, nice find....

Comment

Nice one Dave

It always comes in '3's don't forget, Oaks, RK, whats next??????????
              Looking for information on RKT KARL HUBER
              Stoßtruppführer AufKlAbt 20 (mot.)

'Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it'

Comment

IF ONLY that cross could talk... OMG very extremely nice find.

Comment

Originally posted by Darrell View Post
                  Yeah and usually overpriced fakes to boot

If I actually saw one like this, it would be a place that wouldn't take debit card, credit card and I'd be $50 short with 10 people eagerly licking their lips behind me
                  This palce only takes cash as well.....except no line up. This palce doesnt seem to get much business. They also have a bronze spanish cross for sale.

They had an iron cross (ek1 i think) but the frame was separating from the core.

Comment

stories like this is what keeps me going!
                    regards
                    jon

Comment

What an amazing score !! It really is the Treasure Hunt and a find like this that make this Hobby worth wading through Oceans of fakes. …all it takes is one good “Hit”
                      <O></O>
                      So …I take it the Drinks are on Him ?
                      <O></O>
                      I’m also very surprised one of our “members” haven’t chimed in chastising him for taking advantage of that poor dealer<O></O>

Comment

Everyone is entitled to at least one good fortune like this. But what a BIG one!

Robert

Comment

Really, really awesome. The hunt is what it's all about. Very inspiring to fellow collectors.

Comment

Well done ....

Comment

... you mean theres "another" place to buy TR objects...?.. .Nice 1!

Comment

That is one of those rare finds all of us dream about. Too bad it's in the same category as winning the lottery. For every one of those deals, there are tens of thousands of the deals us collectors have to see everyday. You know the ones I'm talking about, the what are they thinking, you have to be kidding, what's it coming to deals that are pretty much common place now. I mean even the Estand, which was supposed to be a place for fair deals is now gone to the dogs. Has anyone seen what most people are asking for an EK1 there now. It's' a joke! Most of the decent deals I get now are from people I know on the side, not the Estand, or heaven forbid dealers. There was the odd dealer I used to buy from here or there, but even they have gotten too crazy lately. I hardly bother with the Estand now because the items are overpriced. The days of being in the right place at the right time to grab that sweet deal are over. Most will know what I'm talking about. You could troll the Estand and bag some good stuff for a good price. Now I check in, see the latest overpriced items and move on. It's too bad you can't find a nice deal like the one shown here. Even the local shops you go to seem to think they have something special when all they have is a KVK2. What happened! Even oil hasn't gone up this much this quickly. It's really taking the fun out of it. A good portion of the estand is just what amounts to dealers selling without the overhead. Many of them don't actually contribute to any threads. I didn't mind this when they were offering the best prices that you could find, but now they are no better than the dealers. What's the point?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X