Göring's GCs coming up for sale?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Göring's GCs coming up for sale?

I just got the flyer for Hermann Historica's next auction through the post this morning. Coming up for sale is a silver presentation casket with 2 grand crosses, apparently a birthday gift from Adolf to Hermann on his 50th birthday.

If genuine i'm sure it'll draw the attention of the biggest of the hobby's big guns

Also of note are the RK and promotion docs to Brauchitsch, much nicer than those bits of metal IMHO

Simon
    Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

You bet that will get SOME attention
    Antti

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz
      You bet that will get SOME attention
      Can anyone lift some pictures and post them here for us? I woulb be great to get a peak of something we will never ever see up close?

Comment

Good idea, Gary. I searched Hermann Historicas homepage, but couldn't find anything there..
        Antti

Comment

I looked everywhere...

but to no avail I have not found it. There doesn't even seem to be a third reich section.

Comment

Auction 45

For those interested Hermann's Auction #45 will not be listed on their web page until about September 1. This is the information I received directly from their office in München.

Regards,
            Rich Moran

Comment

Here's a (low quality) scan of the flyer ...

Bart

Comment

Presentation GCs

Originally posted by GJR100
                Here's a (low quality) scan of the flyer ...

Bart
                Based on the description contained on the H.H. website, these are onyx-centred. Starting price will be 40,000 Euros.

T.

Comment

Didn't Manion's attempt to peddle one of these onyx crosses several yrs back at about $25k? There was a letter of authentication to go along with the cross.
                  Regards,
                  Dave

Comment

Hermann Historica

Are they fairly reliable dealer? Are they better at determining authenticity than Manions?

Thanks
                    John
                    Last edited by WWIIBuff; 08-18-2003, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Hermanns Historica

Keep in mind Hermanns is an Auction House - not a dealer.

They take items on consignment to sell to the highest bidder. I don't believe they offer any guarantee the items are authentic or period correct.

They always seem to get some of the top items though, and realize the highest prices, for their clients.

It is a wonderful place to buy - if you know what you are buying.

Comment

Brochure

Here is a scan of the portion of the brochure with the items mentioned ...

Mike Heuer

Collecting mint condition Imperial German uniforms, visor caps, and Pickelhauben.

Comment

Hi
                          wow can someone post the link to his website? If he has one?
                          Thanks
                          Cheers
                          Nick

Comment

http://www.hermann-historica.de/gb/index.htm

Comment

H.H. Sale 45

Because I've done some work for them as a German-English translator in the past, I will provide this information to interested parties. Please note that I am NOT an employee per se of H.H.; I have simply done some contract translation work for them.

Regarding Hermann Historica's sale policies, within the next week or two each of the catalogs in the upcoming sale will be placed on the website with full lot descriptions, photos and starting prices. You will need a security code to enter the Third Reich catalog; if you want to PM me I will provide you with the password, but if it no longer works then you will need to ask H.H. via e-mail for the current password. The security layer is required to comply with German government regulations.

A 20% commission is added to all lots sold, so keep this in mind when bidding. Also, the Euro is currently at about $1.13 to the U.S. dollar so this must also be considered when calculating how much to spend.

Because the Fall sales are so large, English translations are only available on an "ad hoc" basis and are not contained in the catalogs. You can e-mail H.H. through their website for a lot translation request (sorry, I don't believe they do German to Swedish at this time).

Currently, you can bid by mail, fax or phone. You must register with H.H. (a printable form is available on the site) and be accepted as a bidder before you can place bids.

As far as I am aware, if you are not a floor bidder then you do have a limited return privilege available after paying for and receiving the item. I believe this is 3 days, but of course you'd want to contact H.H. immediately if you have concerns about your purchase.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X