Rk - K&q - 800 65

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rk - K&q - 800 65

I would appreciate your thoughts on this RK by K&Q. It appears to have the characteristics you would expect with this maker. The core is magnetic, the hole in the ring is small, the inner beading appears correct, etc. It does not appear to have the dot flaw on the top arm but does have the small flaw on the left side of the 12 o'clock arm. It is marked 800 65 on the loop but no 800 mark on the cross itself. Thank you, Richard
    Attached Files

Back
    Attached Files

Comment

Ring
      Attached Files

Comment

Photo makes it look more worn than actual
        Attached Files

Comment

Front 12 o'clock detail, minor damage
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by rfleming32 View Post
            I would appreciate your thoughts on this RK by K&Q. It appears to have the characteristics you would expect with this maker. The core is magnetic, the hole in the ring is small, the inner beading appears correct, etc. It does not appear to have the dot flaw on the top arm but does have the small flaw on the left side of the 12 o'clock arm. It is marked 800 65 on the loop but no 800 mark on the cross itself. Thank you, Richard

Chris

(looking for early K & Q RK)

Comment

As far as I can see this from the pictures I think it is a cross made by K&Q. The missing silver stamp could be just an oversight. To my knowledge there was no Neusilber version (and the frame surely doesn't look like Neusilber). A closer exmination of the finer foot prints would make sure whether the pictures don't lie.

A test with SEM would clarify the material of the frame (which I think is silver).

Dietrich
              B&D PUBLISHING
              Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Looks to me like an OK K&Q, I have seen more without the 800 stamp or with an upside down 800 stamp on crosses from this maker.

For my interest, could you post a photo from the side of the cross?

Jeroen

Comment

Here are a couple - is there any angle you are looking for?
                  Attached Files

Comment

Another
                    Attached Files

Comment

Here are a couple - is there any angle you are looking for?
                      thx, but I was looking for the side of the KC to see how the front and back of the frames are attachted to each other with solder(hope I describe it well...).

Comment

Hi

Very nice cross.

Phil

Comment

Nice K&Q RK

Comment

Very nice and OK cross!

Comment

The edge is difficult to photograph but here is what it looks like highly enlarged.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X