Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brass Core EK1 in today's mail.....

Hello, all.....
    I received this brass core (Kreigsmarine?) unmarked EK 1, in today's mail, courtesy of the E-Stand, and I'd appreciate the expertise, opinions and comments of all of you. I'd also like to know the manufacturer, if possible.

Thanks,
    Bob.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.....

It's a nice Wächtler & Lange EK I in the non magnetic version.
    The myth about the non-magnetic EK's for the Kriegsmarine is only a fairy-tale.
    There were maker's which produced with magnetic and non-magnetic cores (W&L, Juncker, Schickle, Paulmann & Crone,...).

Regards

Grueni
    Regards
    Daniel

Search:
    !!! all awards with [L/15] mark !!!
    Otto Schickle
    All early 57er pieces

Comment

Thanks, Grueni.....
      I'm glad to get the information you provided. I'm also glad that you cleared up the KM myth for me....

I'm grateful.....Thank you!

Cheers,
      Bob.

Comment

That is a hard myth to kill.

Just been to a reputable dealer site where the brass ICs are 'special' for the KM are at a premium price.

Comment

what a wonderful patina on that ek1 Bob nice cross

Comment

Looks like a great EK1, worthy of any collection.

Comment

I agree....It came to me via the estand, courtesy of my new friend, Ben, who has my sincere thanks!

Cheers,
              Bob.
              Last edited by bobcam1; 04-07-2008, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Bob,
                Nice score. I love the way the swastika is highlighted by the loss of paint.

Chet
                Zinc stinks!

Comment

Dear Bob,

To add further to this thread; this EK is an early cross since EKs were not allowed to be made of any "non standard" material after the establishment of the LDO.

Nice to see that your collection is growing again. Hope you had a good time in D.C. filming!

Gary B
                  ANA LM #1201868, OMSA LM #60, OVMS LM #8348

Comment

I wonder if the paint was deliberately taken off by the owner?

I have noticed over the years a number of period pics (mostly LW) where the swaz on ICs and KCs stands-out more than is should.

Seems to me the paint may fall off after 60+ years but after a few weeks/months of wear?

Comment

byterock, xerox_, MrSmith....Thanks for your comments!

Chet,
                      Contrary to how I "should" feel, I also like the highlight of the paintless swaz.....I agree with byterock that it's owner may have removed the paint, as I've also seen many photographic examples of this "naked swastika".

Gary,
                      I'm happy to see my collection getting a few nice pieces, as well.....It hadn't occurred to me about it being an early cross....Thanks for that info, and yes, I had a great time in DC, although shooting over two hundred dancers (and many BAD ones, at that...) was a bit tiring. We stayed at the Inter-Continental, which was a great hotel, and although I didn't have much time off, I had lots of fun....Thanks for asking.

Cheers to all,
                      Bob.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X