Just received this little set in the mail
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Now the disappointing stuff, looks to be a very poor retouching job or am I missing something. What do you guys think
          Attached Files

Comment

Alan
            I have never seen a L/11 Deumer with black core paint on the frame.

Peter

Comment

I understand the frown.

Was in awe until I saw the "overspray"......

Comment

Don't be disappointed. There are plenty of mint cased Deumers out there. I've often thought along this line...'you keep firing shells in a gun until a live one goes off.' It's the same with collecting; you may go though a few that are very close to what you're after until you finally get what you really want. It's called upgrading. When you get what you want on the first time around, there's a little luck involved. You really don't know what you have until you get it in your hand.

How true with Waffenrocks. Sent many back.

Robert

Comment

Mmm

Send the cross back and keep the case ...its really nice !...and maybe worth what you are paying for the set.
                  C

Chris

(looking for early K & Q RK)

Comment

Alan,

I would be interested in seeing the seller's description of the cross.

Regards,

Ed

Comment

Did you buy it on the E-stand?

/Flemming

PS Seems like some one did spray paint the cross!?!

Comment

Hi Alan,
                        It's a nice cross, don't be too disappointed, as Robert said, you can always upgrade to the supreme minty example when you find one. In the meantime, take a look at this thread: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...&highlight=l54 it might help set your mind at rest. I'm sure there is another similar thread somewhere with the same theme that I'll look for later.

Comment

Here's another thread on the subject, not the one I had in mind, I'm sure there was one with a period photo of the cores being painted after assembly.
                          http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...light=painting

Comment

Crosses from Deumer always have frosting on the ribbed part of the frame. This frosting reaches all the way out to the burnished (polished) outer part of the frame. This effect can clearly be seen on untouched crosses. It can even be seen on worn or tarniched crosses by Deumer.

The cross here has clearly been buffed and cleaned as lots of this factory frosting is gone. One such area is marked with the small arrows. The "buffer" forgot one area though, see large arrow at arm corner. The frame probably looked good to our buffer but not the core, so he or she repainted the core to match it with the frame.

As Chris say the case is nice but i would walk away from the cross. It is clearly tampered with. This long after it left the factory in perfectly good condition.

Peter
                            Attached Files

Comment

Thank you all for your comments and thoughts guys.

The cross wasn't purchased from the e-stand, but from a dealer .

Thanks Adrian for the links some very interesting reading.

Peter, I really appreciate the points you made in your last post. Thank you

So as a result its going back.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X