Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very good side for several list of makers marks

Hi!

I want to show you a Link to good side for identifying makers by the marks. You can find all lists of mm from the Hindenburg Cross up to the LDO code list. This side helped my very often.

Here are the direct links to the lists.
    The main side:

Regards
    Andreas
    Last edited by Paratrooper; 04-27-2007, 01:14 PM.

Andreas,

I have to make a comment:

There is no way IMHO that Otto Schickle got a PKZ number (#133) that late (assuming the numbers were fairly sequential) after having been stripped the LDO-number in 1941. They never got one at all.

I don't know were this list is coming from but I have (serious) reservations. The more so since there is no officially published list (with numbers) in neither the "Schwert und Spaten" nor the "Uniformenmarkt".

But I do know that some earlier authors came somehoe up with a list and passing thru time this list became gospel...

Most of the asigned numbers are correct, but Schickle for sure is not - and there might be quite a few more that are wrong.

Dietrich
    B&D PUBLISHING
    Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Originally posted by Dietrich Maerz View Post
      [..]and there might be quite a few more that are wrong.
      Dietrich,

I agree with you in the case of Schickle. Thats the first and only error till now.
      Because of that i not agree with you that there might be quite a few more. That is only an assumption. One error cannot make a list bad.

It is the most used list by collectors in Germany and all of them are very content with it including me.

Regards
      Andreas
      Last edited by Paratrooper; 04-27-2007, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Paratrooper View Post
        Thats the first and only error till now.
        That's exactly what I mean! And that's why I said "there might be a few more"

How about # 38 AGMuK? There are quite some collectors who are raising questions about this one.

And when it is the most used list by collectors in Germany (which I am a part of ...) why is the mistake not corrected? And who is the 'real' # 133?
        It could be one of the other numbers and then you have already 2 mistakes ....

I'm just saying that this list is not 100% correct and I would really like to have the raw original data from where this list is originating from.
        B&D PUBLISHING
        Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X