Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iron Cross 1st Class

Hi All!

This was a spur of the minute buy - what do people think of this Iron Cross 1st Class? There is rusting to the surface but there is no makers mark and I have doubts about the clasp hook (replacement?). Also it looks as if this may have been a second class award I've highlighted a bit that has been ground down that looks as if it held a ribbon ring (in fact I'm 100% certain it did you can feel the change in texture when you rub a finger over it!)? Was this generally done?

Any thoughts - repro or genuine greatefully accepted!

Cheers Mike

That is a maker markt Maybauer, nr 7 look at the pin. Many times on that maker it´s only a part off the 7 or a miss stamp. I have one like that also
    Mikael

Comment

Ground dug pieces mixed and put together into a new cross? Looking at these photos of the piece why are the soldered sides of the cross so fresh, while the rest of the cross is patinated and corroded? Nothing i would like in my collection.

Peter

Comment

i think its fine to have the 2nd class 'ring half circle' to the top frame
        regards
        jon

Comment

Peter

Just my bad photography - the 'soldered' parts are not fresh, its just the flash!

Cheers Mike

Comment

I think this maker used 2nd class frames on their EK1s too
            wish I could remember the name, another member here should be able to tell you
            regards
            jon

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X