Unmarked EK2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unmarked EK2

Most of my EK's are marked or I have been able to ID them. This one no luck. Does anyone have any idea about the maker hear? Thanks, Steve
    Attached Files

And the rear.
    Attached Files

Comment

Here's a bit closer shot. I know there are alot of makers out there but maybe someone knows.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Steve,
        I'm not 100% sure but it could be a '23' or a '44'. Take a look at this thread, the cross is identical to yours but doesn't go on to give a positive identification.
        EK2 - Maker?

Comment

Thanks. I have a 44 here and it's not the same. Could be like the one in the link you provided. They look alot alike.

Comment

Hello

I'm not 100% on this, but my guess would be maker '52', Gottlieb and Wagner.

Regards
            David

Comment

Thanks. Must be hard to know for sure sometimes. This one came with the thinner shinkel type ribbon.

Comment

Thats a good shout by David, the frames are a close match, I just thought the numerals weren't.

Comment

The paint is very thick on this one and the swaz is very stepped. Couldn't be a "7"?

Comment

A 7 eh? That would be alright. When you say steeped do you mean the swaz raises up on an angle? This one definatley does. Thanks.

Comment

Steve,

That's what I mean about steeped. I had one that was marked but very difficult to discern what the makers mark was, it looked possibly like it was stamped at an angle. One thing about the cross was how the swaz was notably steeped and the thickness/glossiness of the paint. Yours looks very similar. Here is a link to my EK2 that was discussed in this foum so you can compare the pictures closer. http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=181671 Hope this helps!
                      Last edited by Jgeary; 02-10-2007, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the link. I'm going to check it out.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X