New addition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi
    The cross is absolutly original. this kind of one piece struck cross is quite common.
    The mark doesn't look like the known manufacturers marks, so I rather think to a museum or theater number as it is stamp on the cloth items.
    just an opinion
    jacques

Comment

Last edited by Frank Mills; 05-01-2003, 08:12 AM.

Comment

Hello again!

I was just refering to the spanish cross i saw in the official "Ordnungs samlung Berlin" at the collection they have in Berlin.
        I guess this collection is set up by Kleitman....but what the heck...he could be wrong and you right...or otherwise

Regards Aska

Comment

Ok, let me ask another question. Were silver and gold Spanish crosses also one piece like this bronze? I have walked away from several nice pieces over the years because I always thought real examples had soldered eagles not one piece like this one. I wish I had known this information before.

The good thing is I always learn something here.

Comment

Dear Gary,

Somebody correct me if I am wrong, but I think it is safe to say that all other Spanish crosses need to have the eagles applied as separate pieces. I have never seen any other originals with "one piece eagles" except for the one type of bronze cross shown in this thread.

Cheers, Frank
            Cheers, Frank

Comment

Correct Frank
              Collection : http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=807895

Comment

I have seen the cast in eagles on a few dealers websites in silver class. Where I have seen them (dubious dealers - IMO) always lead me to believe them to be bad (the silver class w/o swords that is, not bronze).

Is that what you mean François/Frank H... that these in silver w/o swords are no-no?

Rich
                Interested in hand-stitched EM/NCO LW insignia and cuff-titles
                Decorations of Germany

Comment

Dear Rich,

Yes, but please illustrate if you can.

Cheers,

Frank
                  Cheers, Frank

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X