Another FAKE Neimann COA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another FAKE Neimann COA

There seems to be quite a few of these COA's emerging attempting to authenticate FAKES....

Although the document isn't shown the description suggests that it alludes to this ROUNDER as an S&L, worth 6,500 and signed by Detlev Neimann!!!

Not likely but I'd love to get a gander at the supposed COA!!

http://www.huesken.com./
    Attached Files
    Regards,
    Dave

It's being sold as a fake the price tag is 350 Euro's. My German isn't very good but there is a name in there of Tony Oliver does the suggest Tony as a possible source for the rounder? Can anyone translate this text below?

<TABLE class=off cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width=440 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=2>RITTERKREUZ DES EISERNEN KREUZES 1939. Geprägter Eisenkern und Zarge mit Silberstempel, am Halsband. Beiliegend ein Echtheits-Gutachten und die Verkaufsrechnung der Fa. Niemann über DM 6.500,-- aus dem Jahre 2001: "........es handelt sich um eine Anfertigung der Fa. Steinhauer & Lück Lüdenscheid.........".
    * Richtig ist, dass es sich um eine Nachkriegsanfertigung der Fa. Tony Oliver/England aus den 70er Jahren handelt, die ich schon seinerzeit für DM 220 als sehr gute Sammleranfertigung in unseren Verkaufskatalogen anbot !</TD><TD class=art-state vAlign=bottom align=middle width=39>I-</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=off cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width=440 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=art-no vAlign=bottom width=340>Cat.No. 0 - Catalog A </TD><TD class=art-price vAlign=bottom align=right width=100>€ 350,00</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Comment

Who cares about a COA. Is it not the piece that holds the truth?

Merry Christmas.
      Peter

Comment

RITTERKREUZ DES EISERNEN KREUZES 1939. Geprägter Eisenkern und Zarge mit Silberstempel, am Halsband. Beiliegend ein Echtheits-Gutachten und die Verkaufsrechnung der Fa. Niemann über DM 6.500,-- aus dem Jahre 2001: "........es handelt sich um eine Anfertigung der Fa. Steinhauer & Lück Lüdenscheid.........".
        * Richtig ist, dass es sich um eine Nachkriegsanfertigung der Fa. Tony Oliver/England aus den 70er Jahren handelt, die ich schon seinerzeit für DM 220 als sehr gute Sammleranfertigung in unseren Verkaufskatalogen anbot !

Translation:

He says that the cross has a COA from Niemann, dated 2001, stating that it is an authentic S&L cross, value 6500 DM (about 3000 euro).
        But the dealer says that is a piece made after the war by Tony Oliver/England in the '70s. he also declares that in those days he already sold this sort of crosses as good copies for about 220 DM (250 euro).

He is selling the cross as a copy.

So, no blame on this dealer.

The question is off course if Niemann really decleared this cross as a good one...

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Wiking View Post

Merry Christmas.
          Peter

I know what you mean Peter and I agree 100%, but the sad fact is that many people place all most if not all of their confidence in the COA when they purchase high-dollar pieces. They don't know what to look for - they just shell out the cash when they see the COA and just accept that the piece must be original. The fakers making these bogus COA's know this and are trying to feed off of this.

Rob

Comment

Hello

I also agree with Peter in that a COA isn't necessarily worth the paper it's written on. The collector needs to learn as much as they can about their area of collecting - and on rarer items, or very expensive ones, consult with others, such as through these forums, to determine if an item is genuine or not.

That said, this COA may not be a fake Detlev Niemann one. It's dated 2001. and my understanding is that at that time the 'Rounder' RK hadn't been exposed as a fake, and that Detlev himself believed that they were of war time production. Therefore he may well have issued a COA on this 'Rounder' as although this type of RK is now a known fake it wasn't in 2001.

Regards
            David

Comment

What does the rounder look like?

Comment

Can anyone enlighten us a bit about Tony Oliver?
                George

Comment

I wish Prosper Keating was around!!!

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ht=tony+oliver

Who knows? There may be a connection between the 'well known' Brit dealer, die purchase.......die breakdown and a NEW fake introduced to the market. 70's....hummm

Worth a bit of research and a note to Prosper!
                  Regards,
                  Dave

Comment

I wonder if it might be this guy?....

http://www.historyonwheels.co.uk

.... in which case a polite email to his 'contact us' with the Huesken link may prove enlightening!

Marshall

Comment

Hi Marshall, that is the same man. I see him most years at Beltring.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Wiking View Post

Merry Christmas.
                        Peter

...that's spoken! But some people cannot buy without them!
                        Pieter.
                        SUUM CUIQUE ...
                        sigpic

Comment

COAs aren't totally worthless. They can help if you ever want a refund from an honorable dealer.
                          George

Comment

Originally posted by Josh Beckett View Post
                            What does the rounder look like?

...till some short time, one of the most sought after KC'ss, with nice rouded corners of the frame around the swastica. They almost killed me for these , but now time has changed.

Have a nice X-mas eve!!!
                            Pieter.
                            SUUM CUIQUE ...
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by George Stimson View Post
                              COAs aren't totally worthless. They can help if you ever want a refund from an honorable dealer.
                              ...That's certainly so!
                              Pieter.
                              SUUM CUIQUE ...
                              sigpic

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X