BrunoMado

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Silver DKG S&L marked 4, Thoughts please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks

Well I see the jury is still out, as I expected.

I don't have provenance on this one. I will say it is lighter then the gold one I have marked 2. That one is heavier, with some definite weight to it. I'll post it as well today for opinions either favorable or not. Thanks again.

Comment

Whether it is not known has received S&L license, but these crosses meet only for last period of war. Yes, S&Ldid crosses after war, but how the brand -4 has risen on this sign? What ideas

Comment

Originally posted by Cook View Post
        Yes, S&Ldid crosses after war, but how the brand -4 has risen on this sign? What ideas
        Sorry, Cook, I'm not sure I understood what you were trying to say?

Comment

one more shot different light

Attached Files

Comment

After war S&L made awards, but on a pin is not present 4. there is a small quantity DKiG and DKiS which have 4 on a pin. Therefore I consider that it up to 1945

Comment

Hello

As with most of us, I don't know for definite one way or the other, but based on the S&L DKs I have seen which are alleged to be of wartime production this one doesn't look quite right.

I'm not saying that this isn't an S&L piece, just that my own opinion is that this could be one of their post war piece. The style of the pin is not quite the same as the ones purported to be wartime, (it's close, very close, but not quite there), and the rivets on the alleged wartime produced S&Ls are hollow as opposed to the solid ones shown here. As for marking the pin with a '4', regretably that doesn't help, as after 1945 it was illegal to produce the wartime awards with the swastika, but it is known that S&L, among others, continued to do so, so placing a '4', or indeed any other mark on a piece proves nothing.

It would be great for my opinion to be wrong, as this looks like a really nice item, but based on what I have seen and read, I'm of the opinion that this is a post war DK.

Regards
              David

Comment

Appreciate the measured feedback. Thanks very much.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X