Supposed Steinhauer and Lueck Oak Leaves and Swords

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supposed Steinhauer and Lueck Oak Leaves and Swords

These are the supposed Steinhauer and Lueck Oak Leaves and Swords. They have the small raised 'O' mark. They are marked 800, incuse relief, like the 800 number 4 Knight's Crosses.

Either way, the set came on an original Steinhauer and Lueck Knight's Cross, so all is not lost! These will never have any real collector's value and I have always kept it as a novelty.

Bob Hritz
    Attached Files
    In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Verso. the wire prongs are mneatly finished with only a slight taper and flat polished tips. the incuse releif 800 mark is on the viewers 10:00 O'Clock position. The tiny raised 'O' is slightly to the viewers left of the lower loop, on the oak Leaves.

The finish, thickness and quality is much nicer than any 1957 type I have seen. This could also be the earliest post-war Steinhauer device for sale to souvenir hunters, also.

Sadly, if it is authentic, pre May 8, 1945, it will still never have any collector desireability.

Bob Hritz
    Attached Files
    In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Hallo Bob,

IMO it is a nice 1957er piece. I bought such a piece in the 80s as a renewed version of the original OLS.
      But it is an interesting question: When startet S & L the production of the so mentioned 57er OLS?? Or is this pre 45 as shop display?

Comment

Hi,
        To me this looks like a bad copy of a pre 45,rather than a good 57 piece.S&L didnt remove the surplus metal around the lobes of the leaves on their 57 oaks from what Ive seen.
        The first thing that always stands out on an oaks copy is the uneven sides of the central rib.Its here again on this one.
        Somebody just sent me a PM saying they were looking for just such a repro set.Maybe they,ll send you one.
        Cheers Franco

Comment

Originally posted by Franco View Post
          Hi,
          To me this looks like a bad copy of a pre 45,rather than a good 57 piece.S&L didnt remove the surplus metal around the lobes of the leaves on their 57 oaks from what Ive seen.
          The first thing that always stands out on an oaks copy is the uneven sides of the central rib.Its here again on this one.
          Somebody just sent me a PM saying they were looking for just such a repro set.Maybe they,ll send you one.
          Cheers Franco
          Not a copy. Nice early 1957 set to me

Peter

Comment

-

The only one – as far as I know – who gladly sells these as wartime originals, is Adrian Forman. Sorry, but I don´t believe they are wartime originals.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X