Unmarked EK1 Query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unmarked EK1 Query

Hi guys , was looking to put a maker to this unmarked EK1 . I know you guys are quite busy , and i have attempted to find another cross which resembles this one but to no avail.
    Any help appreciated .

Thanks in advance...Stomper

Hello

Can you post some full, face on pictures of the front and back of the cross.

Regards
    David

Comment

Ok heres the pics requested.

Comment

Hello

Not 100% certain on this but it could be an unmarked Paul Maybauer, maker '7' EK.

Regards
        David

Comment

Actually i thought it would be easy to spot another 3 like that , it is very unusual . Still i cant find it anywhere...

Comment

thanks David will go try find on and check ....

Comment

I'd guess that it's Schaurte & Hohfeld -- expecially with a "3" like that. Here's a marked version. What do you think?
              Attached Files
              George

Comment

The reverse.
                Attached Files
                George

Comment

I see hwat you mean about the (3) George but the backs are like chalk and cheese . What is your opinion on that, are there different backs for same maker . Different periods .

Comment

There are different known backs for some makers. So if I was trying to make an identification, I would concentrate more on the obverse than the reverse.
                    Compare the frame beading of our two crosses. Do you think it matches?
                    George

Comment

Yep George it seems youve hit the nail on the head so to speak . I would say the frames were 99% identical . Thanks for your input .

Comment

Good call George, IMO correct

Comment

Hello

I have never seen an EK by this manufacturer before. A very nice cross George, and a good call. I went for a Maybeuer based on the reverse set up - but I did say I wasn't 100% certain

Either way Stompers and yours are very nice EKs.

Comment

Thanks guys for the help there . Its good to get the reasons behind an answer too .

Comment

Originally posted by DavidM View Post
                              Hello

Not 100% certain on this but it could be an unmarked Paul Maybauer, maker '7' EK.

Regards
                              David
                              Hi,

i agree with David. Not 100% but i think it's a Meybauer. A typical sign for this Maker is the date which looks the nearer they come to the core a little bit like a block (unit).
                              I hope i found the right words.
                              Pin, hinge and catch also lokks like later war Meybauer crosses.

Originally posted by George Stimson View Post
                              There are different known backs for some makers. So if I was trying to make an identification, I would concentrate more on the obverse than the reverse.
                              Compare the frame beading of our two crosses. Do you think it matches?
                              i agree 100%. The reverse is in most of the cases the key for recognize the maker.

Regards
                              Andreas

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X