• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Museum

Originally posted by all1knew
    Hello all,

While I can't add much to this thread here is a link:

http://www.museumofworldwarii.com/To...seofNazism.htm

Click the image of Hitler and you can see some better images. This site claims that this was Hitler's shirt, now if this was Hitler's EK_1 I do not know.

Of course Adolf Hitler had more than one EK_1 - He was Adolf Hitler!

William Kramer
    Hello,
    I plan on visiting that museum some time this year.

Jody

Comment

Originally posted by Jody Beltram
      Hello,
      I plan on visiting that museum some time this year.

Jody
      Take me with you.........
      Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

AH and other prominent members of the 3rd Reich had numerous duplicate awards made for themselves. When I viewed Hitler's GPB at Hermanns Historica last year I was told that he had 11 pieces made so I imagine he owned a similar amount of EK1's.

Comment

is this a legit clock?

Comment

Originally posted by Stan
            AH and other prominent members of the 3rd Reich had numerous duplicate awards made for themselves. When I viewed Hitler's GPB at Hermanns Historica last year I was told that he had 11 pieces made so I imagine he owned a similar amount of EK1's.
            Hi,

That is a good description over it like it was.
            Hitler and his near surrounding paople had pieces on every uniform or other clothing. It's stupid to think that they would had pot off an piece in order to make it to another uniform.
            It is logical and practical having one piece for the clothes for each cause.

Per example G******246;ring had demonstrably 5 grand crosses and i think he had more than this 5 prooven pieces.

Regards
            Andreas

Comment

Hello all,

Click the image of Hitler and you can see some better images. This site claims that this was Hitler's shirt, now if this was Hitler's EK_1 I do not know.

William Kramer
              Hi all,
              If you compare the black and white photo to the right, and the Hitler display photo on the left, the shirt collars are clearly different (unless Adolf had a small neck and cinched his tie very tightly).......yet the caption claims that they are one in the same. The shirt probably did belong to Hitler, but it looks like a different style where it buttons at the neck. The upper portion does not "finish" in the same manner.

Comment

Hello all,

William Kramer
                Thnks for the link William

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Starr
                  is this a legit clock?

Hello Matt,
                  I think it could be real, but it was not Hitler's. I think it is one of those items made for souvenir shops. Kinda like the stuff they make in England today with the Queen's image on it.

I have even seen Swastika neck ties, and party hats with Hitler's image on it. I even owned a cigar box with Hitler's face on the inside and Hitler was a non-smoker.

Regards,
                  Jody

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Starr
                    is this a legit clock?

Matt: check out this:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=93048

Comment

Steven,
                      You are right about the shirt. The two are totally different as the pocket flaps, etc. are all different if you look closely.

Cheers,
                      Brett

Comment

Originally posted by Brett Dixon
                        Steven,
                        You are right about the shirt. The two are totally different as the pocket flaps, etc. are all different if you look closely.

Cheers,
                        Brett
                        Indeed, you are correct. I didn't look at the pocket flaps after seeing that the collar was so different. You would think that the museum would have been able to determine that since it is so obvious with a few seconds inspection time............

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X