Spanish Cross in Silver with Swords - Opinions Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Guys - This is a recent aquisition of mine and I would welcome your opinions as to its originality. It is Maker Marked "4" on the Pin and it certainly looks good to me. When I first received it I thought it was Bronze as it is very "dark" until I put it alongside my Bronze version and it is definitely different. The "Silver" shows up better on the Reverse and here is my next question - assuming it is original and just tarnished, should I clean it and if so, what should I clean it with? I will post as many pics as you like with my limited photographic skills but would welcome the advice of any individuals with extensive knowledge of the Spanish Cross as I am definitely not in that category at this moment in time.<p>I will also post some pics of my Bronze version if anyone is interested which is a Juncker version. Many Thanks for your help - Dave.
    Attached Files

Pic.2
    Attached Files

Comment

Pic.3
      Attached Files

Comment

...I would pass on this one.
        Pieter.
        SUUM CUIQUE ...
        sigpic

Comment

Sorry, but this is very much a fake. When you compare it to an original '4' marked SC (Steinheur & Lueck) you will instantly see why.

Rich
          Interested in hand-stitched EM/NCO LW insignia and cuff-titles
          Decorations of Germany

Comment

Does anyone have a pic of this maker that is known to be original as I bought this from a German dealer with "Expertise"?

Comment

Can anyone tell me who is the foremost authority on Spanish Crosses who frequents this site? Many Thanks - Dave.

Comment

Originally posted by Maybach
                Can anyone tell me who is the foremost authority on Spanish Crosses who frequents this site? Many Thanks - Dave.
                ...Jacques Calero.
                Pieter
                SUUM CUIQUE ...
                sigpic

Comment

too much honour ! I would like to be an authority , it might have avoided me to make few mistakes and still now...
                  Concerning this cross, you can pass on it. It doesn't match neither any Steinhauer cross (4) nor spanish cross standart design.
                  Drop tail eagles, wrong MM, wrong system of attachment, wrong swords grips, ...
                  It is IMo a poor fake. here are a comparison of your cross (top) and 2 originals (bottom) from the same make.
                  jacques
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by jacques; 05-20-2006, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Without a doubt a bad cross!

best, Sal

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X