Spanish Cross w/swords Plus More!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spanish Cross w/swords Plus More!

Here is a Spanish Cross with swords awarded to Fritz Bennemann of kommando 32 Minenfuchflottille in Kiel. My opologizes for the photo's and the spelling. I don't know the maker of the badge but it is probably not Juncker as it is different than the one I posted previously attributed to that maker. This one has greater relief to the rosette among other things - Frank and Sal - help me out here please. This cross came with the mans Soldbuch with an entry for the cross as well as three other decorations including an EK2. I know little about Soldbuchs but it looks like it has entries for uniforms issued, vacinations, etc. Can anyone tel me what the other two entries for awards are for? It is also strange that the last award was in 1942 but he obviously served through the duration. It is interesting that the front of the Soldbuch has the swastica scratched off and he put it back in. Also, he was employed by the allies after the war, I guess to remove all the mines he laid over the past six years. Sal - here is the documented cross you are looking for - only 20,000 more to go! What do you think the documentation adds to the value? Also we have a plain dark blue lanyard, similar to a marksmanship lanyard, that belongs to the group - not pictured. Is that what it is? Interesting group. Enjoy, Richard.

Reverse
    Attached Files

Comment

Detail
      Attached Files

Comment

Soldbuch with entry
        Attached Files

Comment

Post war employment - Royal Navy!
          Attached Files

Comment

What kind of uniform would he have been wearing?
            Attached Files

Comment

Front
              Attached Files

Comment

Very Nice group Richard! I also have kriegsmarine soldbuch for a guy employed after the war by the royal navy cleaning up mines.
                best wishes,
                jeff
                Looking for a 30 '06 Chauchat magazine.

Comment

Hi Richard,
                  I can't place this maker? It seems to have various characteristics of a number of makers better wait for jacques and frank to chime in. I am not an expert on SC's just have a healthy appetite for them The eagles wings seem to go downward as they conect to the cross is this actual?

The value of the pieces won't really go up more than their individual prices unless there is some way to prove the cross is actually married to the soldbuch in some way.

best, Sal

Comment

I see no problems with the cross!
                    Cheers, Frank

Comment

Frank, any idea on the maker of the cross? looks like zimmermann swords and like a meybauer pin? I really like the eagles on this one, very distinct and pretty. Can you make out the other awards in the soldbuch? I am not real good at reading those scawls in soldbuchs at all!!

Comment

-

Very nice and interesting group!
                        His awards after the SC:
                        DA IV = decoration for faithful service 4 th class
                        Minensuchabzeichen
                        IC 2

Looks like a Meybauer pin on the SC.

Comment

Hello,
                          I don't think it is a Meybauer or Zimmermann. This one is a common encountered cross from an unknown or unidentified maker (at least by me). Which is typical on this one it's the swasticas which have 3 cut out branches, and wide swords grips. These manufacture is also encountered in silver with a large "900".
                          Very fine piece in pretty good condition.
                          jacques

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X