Spanish Cross w/swords Plus More!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spanish Cross w/swords Plus More!

Here is a Spanish Cross with swords awarded to Fritz Bennemann of kommando 32 Minenfuchflottille in Kiel. My opologizes for the photo's and the spelling. I don't know the maker of the badge but it is probably not Juncker as it is different than the one I posted previously attributed to that maker. This one has greater relief to the rosette among other things - Frank and Sal - help me out here please. This cross came with the mans Soldbuch with an entry for the cross as well as three other decorations including an EK2. I know little about Soldbuchs but it looks like it has entries for uniforms issued, vacinations, etc. Can anyone tel me what the other two entries for awards are for? It is also strange that the last award was in 1942 but he obviously served through the duration. It is interesting that the front of the Soldbuch has the swastica scratched off and he put it back in. Also, he was employed by the allies after the war, I guess to remove all the mines he laid over the past six years. Sal - here is the documented cross you are looking for - only 20,000 more to go! What do you think the documentation adds to the value? Also we have a plain dark blue lanyard, similar to a marksmanship lanyard, that belongs to the group - not pictured. Is that what it is? Interesting group. Enjoy, Richard.
    Attached Files

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
X