EK1 schinkelform screwback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gents

Spotted on ebay as we speak... this example from the 20's/30's (so I'm lead to beleive) which looks flat to me and does have the retaining pin.

Just so we have all the balls in one (slightly confusing) court!

regds

Marshall
    Attached Files

Comment

And another - again on Ebay - I know this is delving a little further into Imperial era when the original discussion was about a '39 screwback, but I thought the sellers description for this item was particularly timely given our discussion on retaining pins....

Make of this what you will - and for those that don't know, a 'cuirass' is basically metal body armour worn by the elite cavalry.

"...Nice genuine iron cross 1st class of WW I (1914 ) with shell-patterned backplate with small right-handed srew, as typical for all pieces out of the time - without a captive spike on the back, because this model was worn mainly by the horseguards on their cuirass . In order to keep the surface of the cuirass undamaged, the Cross was fixed with captive buna (synthetic rubber ) shims to avoid turning of the cross. Silvered Brass , no maker mark...."
      Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
      X