Mint EK1 MM26

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mint EK1 MM26

Hey guys I have been offered a stone mint EK1 mm26 (I think its from that 1999 Russian find) and I was wondering how much you would pay for one of them. The price is about 700 usd's and I just wanted to know if that was a good price ? I also do have pictures of it but they are in BITMAP form and I dont know how to make these pictures smaller to post it or maybe I could change it to JPEG. Maybe someone can help me with that ?

700 is probably not out of line. Some will argue that is too much; others will jump on it in a heartbeat. If I had $700 lying around, I'd buy it. The question is, are you comfortable paying that much? Do you want it that bad?
    On resizing bitmaps: open MS paint on your computer (I'm guessing you have windows). Open the picture. Click on image, then stretch/skew. In the % blocks, make both of them 50% to start. HIt okay, and save. See what you've got, adjust as necessary. I'd recommend saving as "cross picture A" or some such, so you don't lose the original pic. That way if the first re-size is too small, you can work from the bigger original pic again.
    hope this all helps
    Hank
    Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
    ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

1 Here are your pictures

Comment

Comment

Comment

You know ----its got to be some peoples cup of tea - but there are plenty of mint to near mint cased EK1's out there in the 350 Euro range still....Sure a mine '26' would sit nicely among my grungier looking EKs, but I cant justify a price like that...

Comment

This recent post touched on the going price ranges of 'Russian Hoard' EKIs

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=136478

Scott

Comment

-

Why should these crosses cost more than other crosses in same condition?

Comment

Originally posted by Ludwig
                  Why should these crosses cost more than other crosses in same condition?
                  They shouldn't. What do other crosses in the same condition bring? Keep also in mind that the cases are usually pristine mint too; I've see lots of super crosses in somewhat worn cases. There was one just like that on e-stand just last week. Went for somewhere around 350 euro, with a case only about half as nice as the horde cases.
                  Personal preference. Pay what you can afford, and are comfortable with.

Hank
                  Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
                  ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

And i know i have one, and also the outer cartong.
                    Mikael

Comment

Originally posted by eindecker2
                      ... but there are plenty of mint to near mint cased EK1's out there in the 350 Euro range still....Sure a mine '26' would sit nicely among my grungier looking EKs, but I cant justify a price like that...
                      Sometimes "near-mint" to "mint" can be quite a price difference ... believe it or not

Comment

Hi,

I paid $750 for mine about a year ago and I have never had any regrets. A friend sold one for approximately $1000 a while ago. It all really boils down to what one is willing to pay.

If you have seen one of these in hand it is really hard to find an EK in as minty condition as these 26 horde peices are. I have been collecting for 30 years and have seen other mint crosses and they have a hard time coming close to the 26s in both quality and condtion. I do have a few other EK1s in my collection that are of the same minty contion as the 26 you show and I paid a "high" price for them also. If you factor condition in as a rarity factor you will see that there are very few true mint EK1s around.

Gary B
                        ANA LM #1201868, OMSA LM #60, OVMS LM #8348

Comment

Well it seems as if they decided not to sell the item to me. This is very upsetting news, I was really looking forward to add this item to my collection. Its not ever day that a piece like this comes along I think I am going to throw up.

Comment

Steady

GD,

All is not lost. Remember; there were 300 in the group that were found. They continue to make the rounds. I'll bet three-four will show up at the SOS. Also, Herr Weitze frequently sells a number that have been sold back to him. However, you won't see them on his web-site.

MIKE

Comment

I suppose if it's really one of those "must haves" for your collection it's not going to matter.

I paid $600 for my super mint "26" about four months ago.

As much as I love it I would be hard pressed to pay much more.

Although if a nice super mint "65" or "20" should cross my path I'm not sure what I would pay to acquire it.

Happy Hunting,
                              Mike

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X