Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Identifying a Knights Cross

Gentlemen,

Thanks for the helpful instructions on how to attach pictures. I do not collect Third Reich stuff and this Knights Cross was in a collection of world-wide pieces that I picked up lately--most of which is being resold. I valued it as a repro in my offer and am pretty certain that it must be because of how cheap the oakleaves and swords attachment looks (just stamped). I took the cross off the oakleaves and swords so I could photograph it better. There is also about a foot of ribbon on the oakleaves and swords.

The cross is stamped 800 below the suspension ring on both the front and back. The stamping is raised numerals within a box rather than simply stamping the numbers into the metal. The back of the loop on the oakleaves and swords is stamped L/58 in a similar manner to the 800. In looking on this website I have learned that L/58 is for the Rudolf Souval firm. So, now the big question…is it a post-war piece as I suspect or did I just win the lottery? Is it a Souval piece or some other manufacturer? And finally, when I sell it, I would like to get a fair price so any guess on the value?

I would greatly appreciate any comments. Thanks in advance for your help.

John

Hello, it looks like a souval to me.I posted one last night here if you would like to compare it. core looks identical to me.Look closely at the date and compare.
    Thanks, Mike

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
    X