Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it real EK1 ? Could someone help me?

Hello,

I'm about to purchase this Eisernes Kreuz 1939 1. Klasse.
    The owner says that’s made by Rudolf Souval in Vienna.

He also said that you could recognize this by how it was finished in the corners (The yellow circle on one of the images)

Could anyone say if its original from the pictures I have, and if is Not MADE after war? uhoh2:

Thank You.

Last edited by Gumbas; 12-20-2005, 01:14 AM.

I was hopping for quick answer to my question.
    I need to make my decision today and have no clue if I’ll do the good purchase…
    I would appreciate if someone could replay.

Comment

It indeed is a Souval cross. However, the corners he was describing are what I circled below.
      Attached Files

Comment

-

From these pictures: IMO OK!

Comment

Hello

The cross looks fine. Nice and original, and as already stated it's by Rudolf Souval of Vienna, Austria.

Regards
          David

Comment

To start that´s a orginal EK, but Imo not made by Souval. The core is not as i see it Souval. I know some dont agree, but he did sell frames and maybe even other parts to some other makers. In one point it can be Souval, but that i think is not yet proven. And that is that he did use EK2 cores for the EK1, as those are not the same as EK1´s. One more if the core is non magnetic, then it´s shure not a Souval. I do have a 1950-60 Souval and that core is like a normal war time Souval beside the frames that is not.
            Mikael

Comment

Hello,

Thank You for Yours opinions. I really appreciate it.
              I had purchase the EK1 and it’s on the way to me.
              I will post new pictures of it in the upcoming weeks (once it will arrive to me, approx 1 month), so maybe you could have better look at it, and tell me what it really is.
              All I really care at this point is that the cross is an original WW2 German Iron Cross 1, and perhaps some great German man was decorated with it.

Cheers, and have You All peaceful and happy Christmas + Safte and Happy New 2006 Year!
              Last edited by Gumbas; 12-21-2005, 01:50 AM.

Comment

One more tip, i think i can see a yellow tone on the core were the paint is missing. All Souval cores is as what i know, all made off iron. And if it´s non magnetic shure not a Souval, even if its coated whit brass / copper. Souval did not do that.
                Mikael

Comment

is this a good, or bad news

Comment

Hello

It's still good news as we are all agreed that it is a genuine war time EK1. The debate now is whether it is a Souval or one of the ones produced by another manufacturer who bought in the rims and backplates but placed their own core into the cross, (which is a seperate debate in its self !).

I enhanced and enlarged the picture of the front of the cross and where the paint has flaked from the swastika that area looks as I would expect it to if is an iron core. On the date 1939, the right hand side 9 with some paint missing also looks like it is iron, but the top of the three does have a 'brassy' colour to it. However, all this is maybe due to the lighting when the photo was taken.

Either way, when it arrives simply test the core with a magnet. At the end of day everyone is saying the cross is ok and original.

Regards
                    David

Comment

Ok, I'll test it as soon as it arrives, and Thank You for your fast replay

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X