1957 RK - Being Sold As A Copy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1957 RK - Being Sold As A Copy

Although we have known it for some time now a least the vendors are admitting they are selling reproduction 1957 RK's.

Check this out on Evil Bay ...

http://cgi.ebay.com/1957-Knights-Cro...QQcmdZViewItem

In fact, does this guy sell anything apart from copies???

Regards ...

At least HE is being honest.

Comment

I bought one of these crosses about a year ago to wear with my West German uniforms, the price was lower then also.

The 57 RK is one piece, probably cast from steel or something similar in appearance and feel, and is cast poor enough to easily distinguish it from a good 57 RK. I also think its a little smaller than a 57 RK. The ribbon is also very easy to distinguish from a real RK ribbon.

I think this guy makes them all himself. He sent me a catalog, with his name printed on it, and photos of a couple hundred different medals and badges he had for sale -- third reich, imperial, and other countries; mostly cast the same way as this RK and all stated as repros. The RK was the only 57 award. I haven't seen any RK copies identical to his on eBay from any other sellers so far.

At least the paint isn't falling off this cross! Only two other fakes in my collection -- a poorly made ten place ribbon bar with 25 year NSDAP ribbon, and a Bundes Luftwaffe hat I converted to Third Reich. Hopefully these will be my last!

-Jordan
      Attached Files

Comment

Reverse:
        Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X