EK1 and Spange Combo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK1 and Spange Combo

I saw this one on a dealers site today. The spange appears to be a good "early" convex type, the EK1 a good "K.O."

I guess the questions remains ... was this period done?

What's the take guys?
    Attached Files

Darrell

The componants are original I agree, but $2,250 !!

Here's the math on the individual componants...

$ 650 - for a 1st pattern spange
    $ 35 - for a repainted KO EK1...

I certainly wont be paying the additional $1500 for solder that could have been applied anytime in the last 60 years!!

I said the same here when it was discussed.. http://www.wehrmacht-awards.net/foru...01&postcount=9.. at this price, I'm afraid it will be in his inventory for a lot longer yet!

best

Marshall

Comment

Originally posted by Biro
      Darrell

The componants are original I agree, but $2,250 !!

Here's the math on the individual componants...

$ 650 - for a 1st pattern spange
      $ 35 - for a repainted KO EK1...

I certainly wont be paying the additional $1500 for solder that could have been applied anytime in the last 60 years!!

I said the same here when it was discussed.. http://www.wehrmacht-awards.net/foru...01&postcount=9.. at this price, I'm afraid it will be in his inventory for a lot longer yet!

best

Marshall
      Marshall ... wow ... I guess there isnt a site out there that isnt kept as a favorite

I agree ... way out there on the price ... never noticed the paint job .. you are probably right. I guess for the sake of argument, if the value is realized it would be worth it to tack a 1st Pattern Spange on an EK1.

At least the pieces are original ... more than we can usually say for combos out there.

Comment

The only thing I could add is that is one piss poor repaint...

Don

Comment

Don,
          You could add that $35 for an original (albiet repainted) Imperial EK1 is a bit of a low estimate.

Brett

Comment

Originally posted by Brett Dixon
            Don, You could add that $35 for an original (albiet repainted) Imperial EK1 is a bit of a low estimate. Brett

OK - 35 Euro then...

Marshall

Comment

Hi,

One plus I see is that, unless the back of the spange has been heavily ground/buffed, there are no indications of a hinge or pin having been attached. On the downside, why use THE UGLIEST of all possible 1914EK1 variants?

Regards
              Mike K
              Regards
              Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike K
                Hi,

On the downside, why use THE UGLIEST of all possible 1914EK1 variants?

Regards
                Mike K
                I'm just wondering if this points towards a period piece? I would guess if this EK1 was the award piece, the soldier would be much more inclined to use it for the combo than say an EK1 that wasn't? Certainly, if a postwar put-together, someone would have thought the same

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                X