Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gee, every time a good sounding thread is instigated it turns into a crock of crap within 10 or so posts.

I get reading these threads to try and learn as much as I can about Iron Crosses and the Knights Cross in particular, but I'll tell you this:

You guys are enough to turn anyone off these awards ....

Comment

hagwalther

No kidding....

"George-

Conversely, if the compounds are post 1968, I would like for you to publically state the obvious- that Brian made up the whole damn thing and it is an outright lie."

I don't care what you would like, Tom. I'm not accountable to you. The only person I have to answer to here is Sebastian.

"You seem to take the side of the rounder,with no evidence, time and time again. For ONCE, be objective, the results will be clear. State the obvious and stop hiding tales."

The only "side" I have ever taken is that of factual investigation.

"It is destrtuctive to the analysis and investigation of questionable pieces to give a fee pass to unsubstantiated tall tales. By stating that they are real, you are as culpable as the teller in creating this confusion."

Thank you for the lecture. Can you point out where I did this?
      Last edited by George Stimson; 10-16-2005, 08:39 AM.
      George

Comment

Originally posted by hagwalther
        Gee, every time a good sounding thread is instigated it turns into a crock of crap within 10 or so posts.

I get reading these threads to try and learn as much as I can about Iron Crosses and the Knights Cross in particular, but I'll tell you this:

You guys are enough to turn anyone off these awards ....
        I agree with you in 100%.

Comment

It is an embarassing shame!

The thread started as a very important and legitimate question for all of us to learn more about this new technique.

Again, this turned into personal agendas uncalled for and - so I might say - at this point in time absolutely unfounded and very premature. This does not add the the credibility of some members here.

I always thought that the Rounder is an interesting subject to study and I have learned a great deal from that - applicable to all other medals.

I have never made a secret about my opinion about the Rounder and I always tried to present the know facts and findings in an unbiased way, clearly saying that in the final analysis up to this point that "I don't know but I believe"

Evidently - judging by the latest postings by Tom - this has no turned into a witch hunt :

"You seem to take the side of the rounder,with no evidence, time and time again. For ONCE, be objective, the results will be clear. State the obvious and stop hiding tales. It is destrtuctive to the analysis and investigation of questionable pieces to give a fee pass to unsubstantiated tall tales. By stating that they are real, you are as culpable as the teller in creating this confusion."

Not only is it very, very unpolite it is also insulting to call George "unobjective" and ask him for ONCE to be objective. I also take offense (in the name of all other Rounder owners) to Tom's statement that I'm culpable of creating confusion by stating my opinion.

This is a discussion board and not the Salem court house!

So let me make this clear again:

From what I know up to this date I still believe the Rounder to be genuine. If or when it turns out to be not the case, I was wrong, I will admitt so and it will have no bearing whatsoever on all my other knowledge, opinions and behavior. I will not burn at the stake and neither should anybody else!

And with that, another promissing thread is closed because it went in a direction (on purpose, I might add!) by the usual suspects.

Dietrich

B&D PUBLISHING
          Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X