Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rust in my ek1 ¿what to do?

Hi guys
    i bought one ek1 with some rust in one corner, the iron part shows the tradicional red rust, and the rim has something like rust but white, ¿what should i do? leave it like this o clean it gently with some anti rust oil

Originally posted by fuser1
    Hi guys
    i bought one ek1 with some rust in one corner, the iron part shows the tradicional red rust, and the rim has something like rust but white, ¿what should i do? leave it like this o clean it gently with some anti rust oil
    First, are you sure that it is authentic? If it is not, I would not want to waste any time on preserving it. Fresh red rust doesn't sound good to me, and as far as the rim-I'm not sure what you are referring to when you say that it is like rust but white (pot metal corrosion)? Sounds like this piece has been "stored" in a wet environment at the very least.

Comment

The cross can be found in the next tread:

wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108648
      is the maybaer one, the second discused, the rust problem is in the top part, and has some greasy spots in the back.

Comment

Originally posted by fuser1
        The cross can be found in the next tread:

wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108648
        is the maybaer one, the second discused, the rust problem is in the top part, and has some greasy spots in the back.
        I have had a few that had some rust before, and I found that a dab of WD-40 on the end of a q-tip works good, but blot the excess off right away, blot not rub. The green material appears to be the result of being stored with other items of copper or brass in a type of plastic that is not inert and reacts with metal. Maybe someone else can offer a suggestion on that.

Comment

any other suggestion about how to remove the green frost, or the oily spots in the back of the meybauer
          http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...light=meybauer

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
          X