SandeBoetik

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cross-referencing EK1 and EK2 books by Dietrich Maerz?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cross-referencing EK1 and EK2 books by Dietrich Maerz?

Can I use the EK2 references in Dietrich's book to also identify the manufacturers of EK1 crosses? I suppose the same frames where used: 1 for EK1 and 2 for EK2 crosses?

On a similar note, Mr Maerz, do you plan an update of the EK1 book using the same identification techniques as you used in the EK2 book? I suppose a lot of new information concerning EK1s could be inserted into an updated edition.

Kind regards!

1.png 2.png

Was this a stupid question to ask?
    By the way I do own both mentioned books.

Comment

No, it was not stupid. And yes, some EK1s can be identified by using the EK2 book (and the other way around to a certain degree). No, I do not intend to upgrade theEK1 book. While there is always new information on every book, it not always allows for a complete upgrade. The market is just not there. That is why B&D Publishing has the magazine for articles like that. What I might do, however, is to upgrade the Knights Cross book. Not because something is missing, it is still very good. But more in the sense of general informations, time lines, details, documents, cases.
      B&D PUBLISHING
      Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Originally posted by Dietrich Maerz View Post
        No, it was not stupid. And yes, some EK1s can be identified by using the EK2 book (and the other way around to a certain degree). No, I do not intend to upgrade theEK1 book. While there is always new information on every book, it not always allows for a complete upgrade. The market is just not there. That is why B&D Publishing has the magazine for articles like that. What I might do, however, is to upgrade the Knights Cross book. Not because something is missing, it is still very good. But more in the sense of general informations, time lines, details, documents, cases.
        Thanks for your reply, Dietrich.
        Strange (and a pity) that the market isn't there if I see how lively this forum is.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X