L/54 in very good condition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

L/54 in very good condition

This one just in. Marked L/54 under the catch. Very nice condition, frosted back.

Cheers, Frank H.
    Cheers, Frank

reverse
    Cheers, Frank

Comment

mark
      Attached Files
      Cheers, Frank

Comment

Awesome cross. I'm still in my badge phase. But one day, I will have more EKs.

Yuri

Comment

Very nice EK you have there Frank, isnā€™t it amazing to find these pieces in such mint condition after a world war and 60 years on.

Regards

Dez

Comment

That is truly beautifull indeed, Frank
            Someone is always lucky enough to find an EK in such a good condition...
            Antti

Comment

Thanks for your kind words! It was abit of a gamble, I bought this in an online auction for only 120 Euros. The pics were awfully blurry and tiny. Just enough to see that this COULD be right! And it was!

Cheers, Frank H.
              Cheers, Frank

Comment

Hello folks,

It appears that there is a reproduction EK1 on the market that features the curved L/54 in incused relief. Gordon Williamson recently posted this website that lists this reproduction.

http://www.ordenskunde.at/reich.html

A thread over at the germandaggers.com site has some additional info on the L/54 EK1...

L/54 thread

Frank, for what its worth, the mark on your EK1 looks different from the repro mark to me.

Calvin
                -Calvin Hall, repressed Appalachian American.

Desperately seeking a Juncker Knights Cross ribbon loop and well used Knights Cross ribbon!!!

Comment

Dear Calvin,

No problem there. I already had this Austrian websiteĀ“s pics in my files and compared the mark. No match.

It is also soothing that the EK L/54 fakes use a pin that raises an instant fake alert. This style pin is used on a variety of new EK fakes, including an L/19 marked example among many others.

The hinge/pin/catch of my EK however is textbook L/54. Not everything that is near mint should automatically be under suspicion of being fake. But thanks for pointing that GD discussion out, I had missed out on it.

Cheers, Frank H.
                  Cheers, Frank

Comment

Hello Frank,

No suspision on your L/54 EK1 from me. I like it!

Can you again post some photos of the questionable L/19 EK1? I checked the older thread on the subject, and the photos you posted are gone.

Thanks,

Calvin
                    -Calvin Hall, repressed Appalachian American.

Desperately seeking a Juncker Knights Cross ribbon loop and well used Knights Cross ribbon!!!

Comment

Here are a couple of FAKES that use the same pin. One of them is the FAKE L/54 that can be seen if one follows the link you provided above.

Here is one marked 2 (btw, if you havenĀ“t checked out that website mentioned on that shot here, do so! Excellent reference site for FAKES sold as the real thing):

FAKE marked 2:
                      Attached Files
                      Cheers, Frank

Comment

The next FAKE is marked 107:
                        Attached Files
                        Cheers, Frank

Comment

Here is a FAKE with that pin which is marked L/12. CORRECTION: NOT L/12, but /12!
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Frank H; 10-30-2002, 05:47 AM.
                          Cheers, Frank

Comment

Here is the FAKE with that pin marked L/19.
                            Attached Files
                            Cheers, Frank

Comment

Here is a FAKE marked L52:
                              Attached Files
                              Cheers, Frank

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X