RK opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RK opinions

just found an interesting RK for sale over on jamie crosses site what are your opinions on this one.
    www.thirdreichmedals.com
    regards gaz

Do you mean the field conversion?

Comment

no the pre 1941 in what is thought to be a 57 case on his latest update right at the bottom of the items for sale

Comment

Roy, further on is a flawed zinc cored cross with unmarked frame....

Comment

Well, let's see now.....late frame, unmarked, non-silver, non iron and the sloppy application of the core showing the '3' tucked under the frame
          Regards,
          Dave

Comment

" this is the only style that has not been reproduced "

Comment

There is no way, that a B-Type cross (which can be seen it is by the dent row) is pre-41!

I guess that say it all

Dietrich
              B&D PUBLISHING
              Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

......and 30% below market!!!

All of this sounds very familiar
                Regards,
                Dave

Comment

Gee, what a bargain

Comment

We all know that the dealers commonly visit this site and some have even participated, however slight.....but I wonder if the seller of this cross would care to clarify or explain the commentary describing the cross and what appears to be a very gracious 'discount'!

Also, so as not to bring the 'lime light' on just this dealer I'd welcome all those dealers who offer these non-magnetic, non-silver, unmarked, oddly marked, flat strike and a host of other inconsistant 'flags' to explain WHY these are early crosses.

It's come to a point where one needs to step up and call a spade a spade and stop all the ambiguity in wording, logic etc.!
                    Regards,
                    Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Kane
                      It's come to a point where one needs to step up and call a spade a spade and stop all the ambiguity in wording, logic etc.!
                      Strong words, but i agree with you in 100%!

Comment

I have to third that!!

It has been my experience that anything 'early' commands a premium - not a cut price rate...

Non magnetic Schinkelform EK's, 1st pattern zinc spangen, etc... try and find them at bargain basement rates.... I don't think so.

4,300 Euro for a cased S&L Knights Cross?............. This has been priced to sell quickly, by someone who knows the value of a Knights Cross.

Get it while it's ........hot......

Comment

jamie cross

i would avoid this cross like the plague,as when i was a novice to this game i bought a cheap apb from him in 2000 for £750 which guess what.....turned out to be nothing more than a piece of scrap metal,tried to get my money back in 2002 with no success,so i took him to court to get my money back and i think even to this day he is still he is trying overturn the judges descission ,
                          Last edited by upbeek; 06-01-2005, 11:12 AM.

Comment

I don't think it would be fair to single out one specific dealer in this context. You will find those unmarked and sometimes un-magnetic and sometimes marked S&L B-types all over the map on several dealer sites. Most of them are declared 'early', most of them are cased.

It just has to sink into the collectors community that S&L did serve the market well into the late 50's maybe even early 60's with RK's and a lot of other medals. This is not a thesis anymore, it's a documented fact. And it is also a fact that one can identify those RK's now byt the specific tell tale signs of the B-type.

Will this ever sink into the minds of some dealers? I seriously doubt that!

Dietrich
                            B&D PUBLISHING
                            Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X