Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unmarked EK 1 - Manufacturer?

Hello,
    I really appreciate all the help from the board I have received over the past few weeks from the various forums. This is one of last ones I am not sure of but I really like this one; the 3 and 9 o’clock arms were hand vaulted so the arms are glass smooth from tunic wear. Solid black core. The beading is worn and I am not sure about the maker From the 1939 Numbers and the reverse hinge/needle/ catch. Would love to get your opinion on the manufacturer. Thanks!
    Tom
    Attached Files

It might possibly be an un-marked "100" (Wächtler & Lange), as it has the "crunch bead" flaw on the right side of the 12 o'clock are near the swastika.

For EK2s, there is another manufacturer besides W&L that also has this same bead flaw, but I cannot recall at the moment which manufacturer that is. I will consult the book when I get home from work, and post a reply here.

Others here that are far more knowledgeable of the EK1s will likely know, though.

Comment

After having consulted the book "The Iron Cross 2. Class" by Maerz & Alt (pg.378), I can say with near certainty your cross is indeed an unmarked "100" W&L, core type A. That page says they used the same core for their EK1.

Frame characteristics of your EK1 appear to visually match W&Ls EK2 frame.

Comment

Thanks JT327 GIR,
        I need to add the EK 2 book to my reference collection. Appreciate the help. Oddly I just received a W & L last night - you are spot in. Thanks!

Comment

A good original W&L type with round hook ( rarer type )

Comment

Yes, earlier type W&L

Nice one

Lee

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X