EK 1 - Paul Meybauer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK 1 - Paul Meybauer?

Hello. I appreciate all the help over the past few weeks. I believe this is a Paul Meybauer. The reverse has been rubbed very smooth with 9/22/49 is scratched on the reverse. Would love to get your opinions on manufacturer - hopefully it’s
    not Flosch.
    Tom
    Attached Files

It's a Klein & Quenzer

best
    H

Edit - appears there's a name or location there too on the back. Also, there's a slim possiblility that's a Feldpost number.

(Mobilmachung-1.1.1940) Stab Panzerabwehr-Abteilung 22,

(28.4.1940-14.9.1940) Stab Panzerjäger-Abteilung 22.
    Last edited by Hank C.; 05-12-2020, 03:33 PM. Reason: more info
    Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
    ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Thanks H. I’ll redo my homework and look at some K & Q’s. Regarding the numbers on the reverse- I just assumed they signified a date. Interesting about possibly being the awardee’s feldpost number - 22949
      Thanks
      Tom

Comment

Yepp a K&Q EKI

Comment

Thanks again for suggesting “22949 “ scratched on the reverse could be the awardee’s feldpost number. The units you mentioned below are actually in the reformed (1944) 22nd Panzer Regiment of the 21st Panzer Division - if that is what the awardee intended the numbers to signify. Gives me an excuse to get some late-war PAB’s.
          Tom

Comment

+1
            Originally posted by gew44 View Post
            yepp a k&q eki

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X