Ekii Case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ekii Case

I picked this up at a show yesterday. I would welcome opinions, my gut says ok but with all the repros some expert input would be gratefully recieved. I bought it to complete mk EKII display. It contains no modern fibres and the outer leather case is nothing like the LDO repros.

Thank you in advance

Mark
    Attached Files

catch button

Originally posted by Mark Holden
    I picked this up at a show yesterday. I would welcome opinions, my gut says ok but with all the repros some expert input would be gratefully recieved. I bought it to complete mk EKII display. It contains no modern fibres and the outer leather case is nothing like the LDO repros.

Thank you in advance

Mark
    Attached Files

Comment

Internal shot. the white is discoloured to a brown. no smell to suggest artificial ageing.

catch button
      Attached Files

Comment

Modorater, please move to the new forum!

Allan
        Looking for information on RKT KARL HUBER
        StoƟtruppfĆ¼hrer AufKlAbt 20 (mot.)

'Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it'

Comment

With EKII and ribbon

Internal shot. the white is discoloured to a brown. no smell to suggest artificial ageing.
          Attached Files

Comment

Dear Marc,

I'm afraid the box you have is a 101% fake, these examples have been around for a number of years now I'm afraid. I too have one of these examples.

You'll note actually the outer coverig is very undefined and weak in pattern, and if I remember correctly the beading around the base of the box will glow under black light. The can be counteracted by naughty people though.

The catch is also not correct, I regret I don't have mine to hand at the moment......but I can spot these a mile off, first thing to notice is the lid lining and the outer covering.

Sorry for the bad news,

Marcus

Comment

Marcus,

No bother. I picked it up from Chris James at Leeds yesterday. I should stick to my field, and avoid getting burned. I'll wait to see who else chimes in but it goes right back!! I can not get the base out by the way!

regards

Mark

Originally posted by Marcus Hatton
              Dear Marc,

I'm afraid the box you have is a 101% fake, these examples have been around for a number of years now I'm afraid. I too have one of these examples.

You'll note actually the outer coverig is very undefined and weak in pattern, and if I remember correctly the beading around the base of the box will glow under black light. The can be counteracted by naughty people though.

The catch is also not correct, I regret I don't have mine to hand at the moment......but I can spot these a mile off, first thing to notice is the lid lining and the outer covering.

Sorry for the bad news,

Marcus

Comment

Hey, Guys! We have a new Forum for this kind of topic!
                George

Comment

Marcus,

No bother. I picked it up from Chris James at Leeds yesterday. I should stick to my field, and avoid getting burned. I'll wait to see who else chimes in but it goes right back!! I can not get the base out by the way!

regards

Mark
                  Mark

Make sure you send it back. If you need his details I have the URL to his website.
                  http://www.medalsandmilitaria.co.uk/

Rich
                  Interested in hand-stitched EM/NCO LW insignia and cuff-titles
                  Decorations of Germany

Comment

Richard/Marcus,

I do not own a Black light are there any other giveaways as to why its wrong, I have heard that he is reticent to refund money?

Thanks

Mark

Originally posted by Richard Gordon
                    Mark

Make sure you send it back. If you need his details I have the URL to his website.
                    http://www.medalsandmilitaria.co.uk/

Rich

Comment

Looking at the website I would also be very cautious before buying anything there. Both the AG/RO and Luft GAB look like (from the tiny pics) repros to me.

Some nice Soviet stuff though.

Mark your case is bad. These have been around yonks. Real EK cases are square in shape and just cardboard. That you canĀ“t get the insert out is another bad sign as most authentic cases glue is so brittle that it just cracks under the smallest pressure.
                      That the guy is not wiling to refund the money is just another sign that its not good.

Skip
                      LOOKING FOR ALL ITEMS CONNECTED TO HERBERT SCHOB.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X