57er Anti Partisan Badge in Silver - Early ST&L

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

57er Anti Partisan Badge in Silver - Early ST&L

This is one of my favourites that I received in the mail today. This took a long while to find, but I am so grateful that I was able to come across and be able to purchase such an early and rare piece.

Marcus

Lovely early-mid production by St&L !

Comment

Nice find Marcus...like the stamped relief reverse....my set are the semi hollow type, later examples...was happy to find the, let alone an earlier example like this....

Comment

Originally posted by Pink View Post
        Nice find Marcus...like the stamped relief reverse....my set are the semi hollow type, later examples...was happy to find the, let alone an earlier example like this....
        Thanks,

Yes. I was very fortunate to find this badge. I am finding that these and others are becoming extremely hard to find. I have been searching for the Infantry assault badge in bronze for a very long time now with no luck. The silver IAB seems to be so common it is ridiculous, even the very early ones are quite easily found still. I am curious if there is any information out there about how many of each badge were created by S&L after the 57 law came into effect. They (S&L) must have kept some sort of production run information in keeping with impecable german administrative record keeping. (I can say this because I am German lol). This type of information would give collectors a solid foundation from which they could make decisions on which badges would be easily found and which would take a considerable amount of time and work to locate,

Marcus

Comment

What a beautiful badge, congratulations! Any chance you can post a clear photo or two of the catch?

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by Robert J.D. View Post
            What a beautiful badge, congratulations! Any chance you can post a clear photo or two of the catch?

Robert
            I hope these are ok...

19872E9C-B305-4986-AF24-C5FDD7957F5F.jpeg 3DC697BF-57BC-404F-959D-EF6D2E8E854D.jpeg B7354FAA-FEB1-45AB-A1CA-4409948DFF7A.jpeg A0AC035A-A2EE-4338-968F-608A4BF576BD.jpeg

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X