Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Us jump boots - ww2

Hello.
    What do you think of these boots? They look very new !
    Fake or original ? Thank you for your opinion.
    Best regard

Maybe try another forum...this is for the Crosses, and not shoes
    Ask a moderator to move your thread. I think you would get more and correct respond that way.

/Flemming

Comment

An other picture ...

Comment

Wrong thread.
        Last edited by muzrub; 04-26-2012, 09:09 AM. Reason: :-)

Comment

I can't tell you either way but here is a photo of the bottom of my dad's WWII boots

Greg
          Attached Files
          sigpic
          Sgt. Mahlon E. Sebring, 82nd ABN, 319th Glider Field Arty. A Battery - Normandy to Berlin

As it was their duty to defend our freedom, so it becomes our duty to honor their service.

Comment

As far as I can remember, since they were stolen from my wall locker in 1957 at FT Campbell, KY, they look exactly like my first pair of jump boots. The boots were still brown then, and we were wearing the Ike jackets uniforms still. I dyed my boots cordovan and spit-polished them with a mixture of Oxblood, Black, and Cordovan paste wax. They were then a deep sort of black cherry finish. When I broke them in I wore them in the shower to get them soaking wet, and then walked them dry. This was supposed to help form them to your feet more and prevent the leather from surface cracking in the bends......can't say that it worked in all cases, but I know the bends right behind the toe caps on mine were very smooth.......no cracks; however, I must have done too good a job because a barracks thief took them.

The boots may or may not be WW2.

Ron

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X