Chinese Medals Help Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chinese Medals Help Please

I picked up these medals along with a nice Japanese dog tag. The dog tag was what I was going for but I suspect the medal are fake. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Files

I cant speak to authenticity.
    The 1st medal in the 1st image as well as medals 2 and 4 in your second image appear to be Republic of China.

Comment

Originally posted by mchap View Post
      I cant speak to authenticity.
      The 1st medal in the 1st image as well as medals 2 and 4 in your second image appear to be Republic of China.
      Yes I believe they are all Chinese and various medals have dates that range from the end of WW2 to the last year of the Korean War. These were all picked up with a Japanese dog tag that came out of the Philippines that was picked up by a Vet that maybe made it to the Korean War. Or it was just pieced together to sell. My main goal was to win the tag and the other was the curiosity of the medals.

Comment

These medals are all Chinese but belong to different historical periods. Most of them are original but in very poor condition, ribbons should not be the same either. As far as I know, there're 2 fakes, please see pics below:
        Attached Files

Comment

Here're some pics of the original medals, you compare them with yours:

No.1 in your 1st pic:
          Attached Files

Comment

No.2 in your 2nd pic:
            Attached Files

Comment

No.3 in your 2nd pic:
              Attached Files

Comment

No.5 in your 2nd pic:
                Attached Files

Comment

No.2 in your 3rd pic:
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by richthofen_117 View Post
                    These medals are all Chinese but belong to different historical periods. Most of them are original but in very poor condition, ribbons should not be the same either. As far as I know, there're 2 fakes, please see pics below:
                    I appreciate your help. I had a gut feeling that the group was put together. None the less I did well getting the Japanese dog tag from the 33rd infantry regiment. Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by muddyboots View Post
                      Yes I believe they are all Chinese and various medals have dates that range from the end of WW2 to the last year of the Korean War. These were all picked up with a Japanese dog tag that came out of the Philippines that was picked up by a Vet that maybe made it to the Korean War. Or it was just pieced together to sell. My main goal was to win the tag and the other was the curiosity of the medals.
                      Correct, they are all Chinese but to expand on my comment, you have two political groups represented and are opposing political factions.

Peoples Republic of China (Communist Party), 1949 - present.

Kuomintang, or Republic of China (Nationalist Party). Evacuated to Taiwan after Communist take over in 1949 - present.

Regardless, thanks for sharing!

Comment

Originally posted by mchap View Post
                        Correct, they are all Chinese but to expand on my comment, you have two political groups represented and are opposing political factions.

Peoples Republic of China (Communist Party), 1949 - present.

Kuomintang, or Republic of China (Nationalist Party). Evacuated to Taiwan after Communist take over in 1949 - present.

Regardless, thanks for sharing!
                        I appreciate your help this is most certainly not my field.

Comment

Those are all fake.

Here are examples of mine pictured from Qing dynasty to the two Chinas. Bottom middle is an example of the Order of the Cloud and Banner of the one you have. If you need close up let me know...
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by hc8mm View Post
                            Those are all fake.

Here are examples of mine pictured from Qing dynasty to the two Chinas. Bottom middle is an example of the Order of the Cloud and Banner of the one you have. If you need close up let me know...
                            Big difference in quality and thanks for your help. It’s amazing that these medals get faked. I don’t know anything about these medals but what would be the value of authentic medals. Value would be the only reason to fake something.

Comment

There are some European copies that are very close to the real things. Chinese medals copies are slowly getting better, but still not there yet, although Chinese coins are just a minefield like German militaria though.

Value can range from several hundred to a few thousand depending on the medal in general, not just the ones I posted. So, yes, there is an incentive to eventually create better copies.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X