Medal Identification!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Medal Identification!

Can somebody please identify the two miniature medals and give me a translation of the inscription? I bought these 1992 in Soul and due to language problems between me and the seller was not able to learn anything about them.
    They are of exeptional quality. Height is about 1"

Thank you very much in advance!

Dietrich
    Attached Files
    B&D PUBLISHING
    Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Dietrich,
    These are Republic of Korea (South Korea) Orders of Military Merit. The one on the left is the highest order, Taeguk Order of Military Merit, and the one on the right is the third highest, Chungmu Order of Military Merit. They are both missing the ribbons. When presented, they are numbered. Yours appear not to have been presented because there is no number engraved in the third line on them.
    Homer

Comment

Dietrich, upon reflection, I'm not sure I completely answered your question. The first line on each medal translates as "Republic of Korea." The second line is the actual name of the medal.

Comment

Hi Homer,

thanks a lot for the answers! I don't think they would have numbered the minis, or?

Dietrich
        B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

Hi Dietrich,
          I don't know if they actually numbered minis, but there is a space between the two syllables on the third line of yours where a number would be engraved.

Comment

Thanks again!
            Dietrich
            B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X