interesting Navy cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

interesting Navy cap

Hello, can anyone tell me what the two yellow bands on this cap signify? It appears to be an officers cap base on the 2 bands and the insignia, but I have never seen a cap with yellow bands?? Also, if anyone can read the label writing, that may give a clue to what it is. Thanks!!

PG-
    Attached Files

sorry, nothing I do can make the label the correct orientation for reading, my apologies !

PG-

Comment

I cannot tell by the photo, but the officer stripping seems rather new.

Label:
      舞一補三九三六
      Service Number: Maizuru 1st-Level Activated Reservist #3936

大谷春吉
      Name: Ōtani Harukichi [given name can also be read as Haruyoshi]

昭和十八年十二月
      Issue Date: Showa 18th year December [1943]

(一) 十七年九月
      Size & Manufacture Date: (1) S. 17, September [1942]

舞鶴軍需部
      Maizuru Military Stores Department

Originally posted by Nick Komiya
      [explaining about the IJN ID numbers]... However, later in the war, when reserves were mobilized, this position also showed what level of reserve personnel he was, as denoted by the following (detailed explanations omitted as these are not often seen)
      一補 for 第一補充兵役; 二補 for 第二補充兵役; 国 for 第二国民兵役; 練 for 予備練習生 補

Comment

Thank you Guy for the detailed explanation . I agree about the officer stripes. He has a couple more caps, that the officer stripes look too new compared to the cap as well, not sure whats going on? Maybe a post war enhancement? I thought these yellow bands were very interesting.

PG-

Comment

It also looks like insignia has been carefully reattached with neat tack stitching. Makes sense since stripe goes behind insignia. I've never seen yellow stripes before. They don't go far enough back for my taste. I prefer to see adjust holes on top of stripe in rear

Comment

Originally posted by Jareth View Post
            It also looks like insignia has been carefully reattached with neat tack stitching. Makes sense since stripe goes behind insignia. I've never seen yellow stripes before. They don't go far enough back for my taste. I prefer to see adjust holes on top of stripe in rear
            Yeah, Im not getting a good feeling. It looks like several hats may have been enhanced a bit.

PG-

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X