Japanese Award

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Japanese Award

Could anyone help me with this medal? I don't know what the writing means but I googled up the letters on the medal & it was for a woman's competition of sorts. I would like to know what it was for & if it is WW2 era. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Del
    Attached Files

The badge looks a bit more modern ....
    リーゼンバーガー嬢
    Rīzenbāgā jō
    Riesenberger Daughter

Quite possibly the daughter of Prof. Dr. Dieter Riesenberger (b. 1938). I googled about and found Riesenberger wrote a lot about the Japan Red Cross.

I'm trying to find out if he visited Japan, and if his family went with him.

Comment

It's really hard to pin this down .... I might be going down the proverbial rabbit hole!!

IF it is this man .... and he was married in 1966 .... then his eldest daughter would have been born ca. 1967-8; IF he visited Japan in the 70s ....his daughter could have received this pin & ribbon.

But we're just guessing.

Dieter Klaus Rainer Riesenberger Edit Profile

educator historian
      Dieter Klaus Rainer Riesenberger, German historian, educator. Member Amnesty International, Verband der Historiker Deutschlands, Arbeitskreis Historische Friedensforschung.
      <article class="article__item"> Background

Riesenberger, Dieter Klaus Rainer was born on May 11, 1938 in Neustadt, Germany. Son of Herbert and Maria (Milloth) Riesenberger.
      </article> <article class="article__item"> Education

Doctor of Philosophy in History.
      </article> <article class="article__item"> Career

Teacher high school, 1969-1971. Assistant Neuss College Education, 1971-1982. Professor University Paderborn, Germany, 1982-1998.
      </article> <article class="article__item"> Membership

Member Amnesty International, Verband der Historiker Deutschlands, Arbeitskreis Historische Friedensforschung.
      </article> <article class="article__item"> Interests

• Other Interests

Avocations: classical music, thrillers, biographies.

</article> Connections

Married Gisela Lydia Wolf, December 28, 1966. Children: Marion, Achim, Anne.
      <dl class="def-list def-list_first" id="relationPersonsAnchor"><dt class="def-list__title">father:</dt><dd class="def-list__text"> Herbert Riesenberger </dd><figure class="article__container"> </figure><dt class="def-list__title">mother:</dt><dd class="def-list__text"> Maria (Milloth) Riesenberger </dd><figure class="article__container"> </figure><dt class="def-list__title">spouse:</dt><dd class="def-list__text"> Gisela Lydia Wolf </dd><figure class="article__container"> </figure><dt class="def-list__title">child:</dt><dd class="def-list__text"> Anne Riesenberger </dd><figure class="article__container"> </figure><dt class="def-list__title">child:</dt><dd class="def-list__text"> Achim Riesenberger </dd><figure class="article__container"> </figure><dt class="def-list__title">child:</dt><dd class="def-list__text"> Marion Riesenberger
      </dd></dl>

Comment

Japanese Award

GHP,

thank you for all the information & your time in doing this. I appreciate it very much. So that is the girl's name on the ribbon? What does the word or initials on the badge mean?

Thanks,
        Del

Comment

Originally posted by Del Panfini View Post
          ... So that is the girl's name on the ribbon? What does the word or initials on the badge mean?
          I could not find anything about SITA other than some international aeronautics telecommunication society: Société Internationale de Télécommunications Aéronautiques. I somehow doubt that is the same organization.

The katakana リーゼンバーガー phonetically spell out the surname Riesenberger. The kanji is another way of politely referring to another's daughter "o-jō-san;" The dictionary says:
          ; 娘 【じょう jō】(1) unmarried woman; (2) (after a name) Miss; (3) (after a line of work) -ess; -ette.

So: "Miss Reisenberger"

--Guy

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X