X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imperial Japan Military Sake Cups

Just a quick heads-up on my Japanese sake cup site:
    http://www.imperialjapansakecups.com

It will be permanently offline soon, so if there are any photos, etc you wish to copy, please do so ASAP.

My medal website will still be online, no dangers there.
    http://imperialjapanmedalsandbadges.com

Best,
    Rich

Shoot, Rich, sorry to hear that! By far the best sake cup reference source, printed or otherwise.

Tom

Comment

also sorry to hear that. Ive learned quite a bit over the last month or so reading all the great info on your site. Thank you for all you've done to post all the stuff. Mike

Comment

Thanks, friends. Glad it could be of help. I first put it online in 2006, and the page views were extraordinary for the first 7-8 years. In the past couple of years, page views are so low, and I never do updates, so the monthly fee I pay is not doing much good.

Interesting thing about these sake cups--Back when I started, there were so so many cups for sale here in Japan. A few people here bought up tons of them--ebay ID seller gunjinantiques was one of my main competitors--and they sold for tremendous prices. I had so many that I had literally THOUSANDS of cups that filled dresser drawers and I was still buying more every week. (My wife went nuts then.)

But the supply dried up. Although there are always a few cups for sale here, they are few and far between and relatively common. Nothing at all like 2006 +. I think that we sellers basically drained Japan of most of the cups.

Best,
        Rich

Comment

I too really appreciated the hard work you put into the site and it is a shame to see it go (though it is true I haven't visited it in a while).

I think the sake cup market has not recovered from the economic downturn we saw several years back.

Like others have expressed, thank you for your past and continued contributions to the hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by zachb View Post
            I too really appreciated the hard work you put into the site and it is a shame to see it go (though it is true I haven't visited it in a while).

I think the sake cup market has not recovered from the economic downturn we saw several years back.

Like others have expressed, thank you for your past and continued contributions to the hobby.
            Thanks for the kind words!

Comment

Hi Rich,

What would it take for you to keep your outstanding reference site available to those is us with an interest in cups? Could your entire site content be downloaded onto a disc or drive somehow?

Regards,
              Stu

Comment

Originally posted by Stu W View Post
                Hi Rich,

What would it take for you to keep your outstanding reference site available to those is us with an interest in cups? Could your entire site content be downloaded onto a disc or drive somehow?

Regards,
                Stu
                Not sure if I can do that, Stu. Let me check.
                The only way I know you can do it is to screenshot each page, a bit tiresome...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                X