Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unusual sword hanging chain - show yours

Hi Guys,

In the UK hanging chains don't turn up too often these days. I recently found a chain variation which I had not encountered before. It is also much longer than "normal" and has been suggested may be for a cavalry officer?

I thought it might be a bit of fun and informative if you added photos of any you have.

Here's mine to begin with...

Regards,

Kevin.

Here is one of mine with the combat belt which has a pocket for a shrine amulet.Regards,Geoff
    Attached Files

Comment

Here's one I got recently, not shin_gunto but a Meiji Kyu_gunto (or so I have been told)https://scontent.fman1-1.fna.fbcdn.n...21844976_o.jpg Not having any luck posting a photo here, bah!
      Last edited by Sengoku; 10-13-2016, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Geoff Ward View Post
        Here is one of mine with the combat belt which has a pocket for a shrine amulet.Regards,Geoff
        Lovely example Geoff. Thanks for posting.

Comment

Can anyone show period photos of how these rigs were actually worn please?
          Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Sengoku View Post
            Here's one I got recently, not shin_gunto but a Meiji Kyu_gunto (or so I have been told)https://scontent.fman1-1.fna.fbcdn.n...21844976_o.jpg Not having any luck posting a photo here, bah!
            Looks navy!

Comment

Originally posted by Beater View Post
              Hi Guys,

In the UK hanging chains don't turn up too often these days. I recently found a chain variation which I had not encountered before. It is also much longer than "normal" and has been suggested may be for a cavalry officer?

I thought it might be a bit of fun and informative if you added photos of any you have.

Here's mine to begin with...

Regards,

Kevin.
              Im in doubt they used chain hanger on the parade belt. Only seen it used on field belt.

Comment

Originally posted by BenVK View Post
                Can anyone show period photos of how these rigs were actually worn please?
                Thanks.
                Ben,

Field belt or "garrison"?

I'm on an iPhone now, otherwise I'd Google Image a few examples for you. There is a WAF thread where I posted examples of the field belt scabbard pocket in use.

Cheers,
                --Guy

Comment

Originally posted by gunto View Post
                  Im in doubt they used chain hanger on the parade belt. Only seen it used on field belt.
                  Agreed Gunto. It was on the belt when I bought it but I suspect it is a post-war assembly. If I get my hands on a black leather hanger with blue backing, I'll put it with the belt. I bought it for the unusual chain hanger.

Comment

Originally posted by gunto View Post
                    You got me thinking...did a few searches with Google for sword belts and several others like mine turned up.

Also, there doesn't seem to be two combat / field belts the same either - chain hangers, leather hangers, plaited leather hangers, all leather belts, canvas and leather belts, single wide buckles and twin buckles to name but a few.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X