NCO Sword

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NCO Sword

Hi guys, I have a chance to pick up this late matching NCO Sword. I have not held it in my hand and only have these pics. There is one small nick on the blade. Would like to get some opinions on this sword. Would anything below $800 be a good price. I have a small Japanese collection, most of it I got pretty cheap or was given to me so this would be the biggest purchase for kind of a side interest in the collecting hobby. Thanks for any help offered.
    Regards,
    Paul
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

this one is realy nice 700$ would be good price for this one ,the are not rare but a decent one is not that easy to find

Comment

Your sword looks good to me!
            Nice NCO Gunto with aluminium tsuka

regards, mark

Comment

It's a very nice one with no liabilities i can see. These have definately crept up in price over the last 2 years or so. I think it's a fair price and if I was in the market for one I'd grab it. Regards, Johnno.

Comment

Hi Paul,
                I agree if the numbers are matching the scabbard, then $800 or less is a good price, the lower, the better as it becomes more of a bargain.
                Good clean examples of these are getting a bit harder to find, and they have increased in value over the last few years as mentioned.
                What you have here is one of the first suya manufactured type 95's with the tokyo first Arsenal stamp ( the Star with the inner circle) These were produced about the same time as the side lock versions were being released.
                IMHO it is a nice piece and if you can afford it, then go for it.
                Cheers
                Ern

Comment

Originally posted by STEGEL View Post
                  Hi Paul,
                  I agree if the numbers are matching the scabbard, then $800 or less is a good price, the lower, the better as it becomes more of a bargain.
                  Good clean examples of these are getting a bit harder to find, and they have increased in value over the last few years as mentioned.
                  What you have here is one of the first suya manufactured type 95's with the tokyo first Arsenal stamp ( the Star with the inner circle) These were produced about the same time as the side lock versions were being released.
                  IMHO it is a nice piece and if you can afford it, then go for it.
                  Cheers
                  Ern
                  +1 ... 800 USD is a good price in the current market and it's not all that "late" as you mention ... more like late end of the middle period roughly speaking IMHO.

Regards,
                  Stu

Comment

Im with Stu on the date. Nice sword.

Comment

LOL,
                      Hi All, and Stu, Gunto.
                      First i'd like to wish everyone here, all the best this festive season.

Now for all of us to get as close to the same side of the fence as possible, i'd like to ask about these 'dates'..... the main aim is to have an agreed frame of reference to form a basis on which all further discussion can build.

Can we begin with what we mean by 'early' , 'mid' , 'late' , 'very late' and 'last ditch'.

re-reading this thread, i don't believe i actually mentioned a period, but would now venture to say i believe this sword was produced about 1942.

How does that fit in with your thoughts guys??

Comment

Great fellas, I'll go after it then. I felt it's a fair price for a matching sword. -Paul

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X