Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Signed flag translation help

Hello everyone,
    Here is an interesting looking flag for sale. Can anyone tell whats written on it? I can read the main top slogan as Buun Chou Kyuu, eternal forunes in battle. It looks to me like the left 2 lines are the recipients name closest to the red sun, and another name with a possible Kao signature. The writing at the bottom is pre printed, can anyone tell me what this says? Thank you so much for your help.

PG-
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Paul G; 10-25-2015, 10:49 PM.

武運長久
    Buun Chokyu
    Continued Luck in the Fortunes of War

為桑原一君
    tame Kuwahara 〜Ichi-kun
    [ = I cannot find that kanji]

同窓会々長有賀青海 [Kao]
    Alumni Association President Ariga Kiyomi [cipher]

贈静岡県立袋井商業学校
    Presented [by] Shizuoka Prefectural Fukuroi commercial school

同窓会
    Dōsōkai
    Alumni Association

--Guy

Comment

Thanks Guy! I appreciate it. I think the flags with a Kao, are very interesting. Thanks for the time you invest to make this a better forum

PG-

Comment

When it went on auction in Japan in December of last year, the most important selling feature was Lt. General Shigeichi Shibayama's signature, who also wrote the slogan on top, but it appears to have been wasted on the buyer, who is now trying to flip it.

Comment

Thanks for the additional information Nick. I am thinking thats the signature on the right side o the flag, as it matches the top slogan. Very interesting, Thank You!

PG-

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Komiya View Post
            When it went on auction in Japan in December of last year, the most important selling feature was Lt. General Shigeichi Shibayama's signature, who also wrote the slogan on top, but it appears to have been wasted on the buyer, who is now trying to flip it.

I'm glad you're still dropping by -- I never could have figured out that signature!
            Thanks a lot, Nick!

--Guy

Comment

Originally posted by GHP View Post
              I'm glad you're still dropping by -- I never could have figured out that signature!
              Thanks a lot, Nick!

--Guy
              It amazes me that you guys can read what you can! Its super hard for me to make out the most common slogans and some characters, but if they get a little stylized by the writer.....forget about it. Thank you both greatly for your continued support

PG-

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
              X