Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for guidance on type 90 helmets

Hey guys,

I'm uneducated when it comes to japanese Militaria. I have been wanting to pick up a type 90 IJA helmet, but know nothing about them. Is there any way to date them? Any reference material on the subject? I don't want to make any poor decisions. Any help or guidance is much appreciated.

First check out the " stickies" on top then do a search for type 90. Lots of posted info.

Comment

Ditto on what Jareth just said,Make it a priority to be able to distinguish the difference between Combat helmets and Civil Defense helmets with an added star!! or you may make an expensive mistake!

Regards,Geoff

Comment

Here's a helmet I'm interested in. Any red flags that would indicate that the liner is not original to the helmet?

Comment

I have never seen one with string inside the liner.

Comment

It's a pretty clean liner for a paint worn helmet shell. The chinstrap appears to have been replaced, normally the same material as the (back of the helmet) fabric retaining loop. Might be good to see the outer side of the shell, star and all.

Rod

Comment

Don't like how liner fits plus I agree condition doesn't match shell or chinstraps My guess is liner was replaced with wrong size original?

Comment

I would agree that liner does not match the condition of the underside of that helmet, replaced liner IMO.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X