Gielsmilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone tell if this IJN helmet anchor is good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can anyone tell if this IJN helmet anchor is good?

Hello everyone, sorry for the bad pictures, these are the sellers pics. . Can anyone tell from these pictures if this helmet anchor is any good? I think I see brass under the paint, on the worn tips of the anchor?? This is all I have to go on at this point. Its currently on an IJA helmet, when it was applied....who knows? Thanks for any input.

PG-
    Attached Files

good

I saw this online as well. Yes, the insigina is original. I can't tell if its brass or steel. I believe the steel badges are scarcer than the brass ones. You are right, the helmet is an army type with army liner. The insignia was probably changed post war.

Jim
    JapaneseOrdnance(at)yahoo.com

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I just can't tell yet about these IJN badges.

PG-

Comment

JCB: I am a know-nothing, but I believe I have read (possibly here) that the IJN at times used IJA helmets. So with that in mind, could this not be a re-purposed Ija to Ijn helmet? I saw it on that bay site too, and wondered.

Comment

Brass imo and should not be on an Army helmet. Steel type dont like their legs being bent over and over. They break easily. Brass is much more forgiving. The pic I had showed a Navy guy wearing an Army helmet with star. That is the only image to date of cross used headgear.
          Last edited by Striking 9th; 08-01-2015, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X