This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fake signed flags gallery

I see that the damage caused by a Japanese faker of flags is spreading now world-wide, so I am putting up a gallery of his work here for you to study. These are mostly flags that have appeared here on the WAF done by the same guy. To a Japanese eye he has a very neat and unique handwriting extremely easy to identify. The handwriting may not be so identifiable at a glance to a non-Japanese, but if you see them all together in this way I'm sure you can see the consistency. Unlike other fakers in Japan where 3 fakers work together to introduce varied handwriting on their flags, this man always works alone, so the entire flag is done in one hand. The flags he uses seem all to be cotton ones, as far as I know.
    Attached Files

more
    Attached Files

Comment

More
      Attached Files

Comment

He also has done navy rising sun flags that have been featured on the forum with shipboard slogans like "Keep clean, tidy and hygenic" or something similar. He is also diversifying into "captured flags", as we have seen.
        Attached Files

Comment

It would help collectors avoid these fakes, if this thread could be pinned.

Comment

Thanks for pointing this faker out to the public.

Comment

thanks

Nick, We're grateful for the heads up! Some of those would have fooled me.

Jim
              JapaneseOrdnance(at)yahoo.com

Comment

Nick, excellent post.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Komiya View Post
                  It would help collectors avoid these fakes, if this thread could be pinned.
                  And examples added as they become known.

Thanks so much Nick!

It's easy to fool western collectors for a quick buck but it diminishes everyone involved. Especially in my opinion it tarnishes the memories of those who gave everything 70+ years ago.

Regards, Rod

Comment

Great thread Nick! I agree it should be pinned,at least that way there will be some Markers in the minefield.Regards,Geoff

Comment

Here's the typical navy version from the faker. This one will glow under the black light.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Nick! I hope this gets pinned, as a quick reference guide. You are right, to the western eye, these look good!

PG-

Comment

They are good to Japanese eyes as well, just too good. The point is whether non-Japanese will now be able to recognize his hand or not.

Comment

US signed fake

You know who did this one....

Jim

I'm open to correction.....

Comment

That one is not his handwriting

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X