Anyone Go To Max Show? Finds ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone Go To Max Show? Finds ?

Curious how much Japanese military was at this years Max show ?

Max show

i'm just guessing but i think there were around 20 tables selling japanese stuff. i had three tables there and my buddy had there tables.

there was a table selling headgear and he told me he had a great show. there were a lot of nice swords there also.

i had a good show sales were slow but i sold a very nice navy sword. all my flags but one. and some miscellaneous stuff.

i pick up a real nice admirals flag and a thousand stitch belt for my self. the belt belong to a bomber pilot that had all his bombing missions on it.

i'll be back next year.
    Bob

Comment

MAX Show-2014

Hi Bob-
      It was good to see you at the show! Your senninbari was a nice one, that listed the pilot, as well as the dates and places of those bombing missions. He was stationed in China during the early part of the Great East Asian War.
      I also saw a number of IJA and IJN helmets/pith helmets for sale. I picked up a navy stencil anchor helmet with net as well as an army helmet with net. The army helmet-net had a few pieces of what looked like palm or sugar cane leaves tied to it. I saw one navy steel anchor helmet as well as 2 tanker's helmets. There were also a number of Japanese pilot's badges (early and later war) and a few navy ratings badges in the boxes. I brought along a number of good luck flags and senninbari and sold quite a few. The sword guys said that there were some nice swords, but the gun guys said that the pickin's were slim.
      MikeB

Comment

Thanks Mike and Bob for the update! I hope to make it to the MAX show one day.

David

Comment

Yes thank you Mike & Bob for your show reports

Comment

my max show pick up for my collection
            Attached Files

Comment

thank you mike for the belt
              Attached Files

Comment

11 Missions

Well, two of the kanji are leaving me scratching my head. Here's what I make of the mission count:

?
                Bomb/explosion ? Times ["Frequency"??-- the original kanji is different than what I selected] "Bombing Missions"????

爆? 回屡

昭和十六年二月一日
                Shōwa 16 year [1941], Feb 1st.
                。。。。。。。。二日 [2nd]
                。。。。。。。。三日 [3rd]

昭和十六年二月十一日

Shōwa 16 year, Feb 11th.
                。。。。。。。二十日 [20th]

昭和十六年四月十一日

Shōwa 16 year, April 11th
                。。。。。。。十八日 [18th]

---------------五月七日 [May 7th]
                ---------------八月五日[August 5th]
                ---------------八月九日 [August 9th]
                ---------------八月十三日 [August 13th]

--Guy

Comment

MAX Show-2014

My pleasure Bob; To your good health....!

Another thing I noticed were few to no dog tags for sale, but quite a few various types of field caps and pilot's flight helmets. There were also a number of army and navy sun helmets. One fellow purchased a sun helmet from Dean Brock for his little boy. The little kid had a smile from ear to ear and refused to remove the helmet for the 2 days I saw him at the show. On that subject, I saw a number of kids in attendance, a fair amount of 20- somethings and then the usual cast of old fart characters like me!
                  MikeB

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X