CollectorsGuild

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NCO sword data sheets -- anyone have 'em?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NCO sword data sheets -- anyone have 'em?

It seems that over at GB, Nambus and Arisakas are well taken care of concerning data sheets, but aside from the single page concerning NCOs and their serial number ranges in Fuller and Gregory's sword book (military and civil swords and dirks) I have little info. where recorded NCOs and their serial numbers have been gathered. Does anyone know of a collector who is currently collecting this data? It would be great to have a spreadsheet with description of the sword, serial number, any unsusual characteristics particular to that serial number range, etc.

Thanks!

Tom

Hi Tom,

Coincidentally this topic is being touched upon by Ern and I over on WRF. While a comprehensive database is not to my knowledge available I'm thinking of making it my next research project.

Simultaneous in house production runs by one or more manufacturers, overlapping serial numbers and time line compression are just a few of the topics touched upon.

Please feel free to join us as we look into this and other aspects of the Type 95 NCO sword.

Regards,
    Stu
    PS: Here is the thread link.

http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/japane...3/#post1292123

Comment

Thanks, Stu.

I have followed that thread with great interest. looking forward to reading more in the future!

Tom

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
      X